Sunday, April 18, 2010

Obsessed with fish heads!

What a odd title! Eh? But it is true! I have been obsessing over these fish and the shape of not only their heads, but their bodies as well! It's not as easy as I first thought since this is not really a relief carving like I used to do all the time. The fish have to be more rounded. Their mouths and barbels are also a bit of a challenge. Well after a couple of days of laboring over them, I decided to call the first one good enough for the moment and set out on the next one. With two down, I can not set out on the remaining five! I'm sure that I will come back to each of them over time and tidy them up..but for now this is as far as I got this weekend. IT is rather fun though, tinkering until it gets to where it Begin to look like it should. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails