Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Simple Sunday.

 It snowed... again!  We managed to travel to Muscatine yesterday and complete a short 2 mile run on the trail.   It appeared that the snow from Friday never really accumulated much, so that was a good thing.  

But today we were greeted with Subie covered again.    I sent Cheryl out to shovel the driveway while I brushed off the car.   After the last time, I simply did not trust her with the important task of brushing off the Subie.  Beside,   she likes the heavy shoveling of snow much better.  

On the Trueblood trail,  the snow was about an inch or two deep.  Cheryl was afraid of slipping, but after a mile, she decided it was acceptable traction.  We completed a total of three miles today. 

I should mention that there are other factors that are also at play.  It was Cold!  About 20 degrees!  And windy.   That might not sound too bad, but compared to the 35 degree days with mild wind, it was rather miserable.  Add in that Cheryl is still nursing a bum leg, and I'm more than happy with our accomplishment.  

Otherwise,  a typical day for Allenbrite Studio.   I embroidered another shirt with another Subaru Rally logo.  People are going to think I actually WORK at a Subaru Dealership.  What can I say?  I'm a fan. 

Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy on this cold day.   Cheryl has started baking again.   Some terribly awesome chocolate, peanut butter, caramel pan cookie.   It is rich and deadly. I also have been experimenting with the Octopus balls adding Tuna and onions instead of squid and octopus.   It is a tasty alteration.  


Oh!  And Don't get me started on Cheryl's Berry Oat Bake!  Seriously!  I will end up eating the entire pan. She is on a quest to empty out the freezer that has been full of last Summer's Berry foraging.   I feel it is my duty to help the team accomplish this task.    One, Oat Bake bar at a time....

Thanks for stopping in and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beery bakes!! Looks great! You got more snow than we did! Stay out of trouble and away from trains. Every death is Covid related seems like:(

Val Ewing said...

I wish I loved to bake or cook. But I don't. Sigh.
I do like to bike, hike and be outside.
I hope Cheryl's leg feels better!
Oh and love the Subaru stuff! I am a Subie Fan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails