Tuesday, February 14, 2023

An Update On The "Human Element!"

Remember the Human element from the last post. ( *The "human Element" is a term that we use for an item that was obviously created by human hands, but has been abandoned, and now stands out separate from the surrounding elements as the environment attempts to reclaim it.)   The poor thing had too much character and backstory to leave there, abandoned in the parking lot of a Hilton Hotel.   So....  We decided that one of us should take him home and see if we can give him a second chance at life.   Cats usually have nine lives, so obviously, this one had not used them all up already.  

So I won the honor of taking him home.   And cleaning him up.   Which I did. I was the obvious choice since I am currently light on cat attention lately.  And Cheryl already has several stuffed cats AND three LIVE cats to cuddle and play around with.   It is also true that Cheryl probably has better equipment to clean the little guy up...  but she lacks the time.   So....  The cat was MINE!

The picture of him in the parking lot does not fully show just how hopeless he was.   He was frozen to a large chunk of oil and dirt.   When I got him home, I soaked him in a large wash tub and he turned the entire 5 gallon container BLACK!   I figured I would have my work cut out for me. But thankfully, there was very little physical damage to the actual body.   Except for the small fact that he was missing an eye. 

Well,   after some scrubbing,  rinsing, soaking, and a full wash with LOTS of grease cutting soap...  I was able to get him back to his original colors.   And he had white fur on his underside!  I'm actually impressed!  And quite pleased that he was able to come back to what looks like a normal stuffed kitten. The only real question now is should I cut off the ribbon collar and /or replace the missing eye.  ( his one eye is blue!) Personally,  I feel like the missing eye gives him a little character.    Ally cats from a "life of hard knocks" usually have a battle scar or two.   

Currently,  he is hanging out with the rest of my Motley Crew of acquired, mismatched Stuffies. I think he will fit in.... If he does not end up taking over the place and becoming the leader of the pack.  Cats do have a tendency to claim ownership of things... And People!  

So a new life for Hilton.  That's his name!    I put forth "Valentino" since we found him on our Valentine's Day. But Cheryl suggested "Hilton" for the place where we found him.   I think that name seems to fit better. He may not be as warm as Leo, or Rocket,   But he certainly is cuddly.  

Thanks for stopping in.   And Happy Valentine's Day.   Or "VD Day" as Dave likes to call it. ( I can't believe I have not heard that joke before.... But I had to laugh and add it to the blog.)  Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I purchased a Teddy Bear on mark down one time because it had only one eye. The girl at the checkout pointed it out to me and I told her that is exactly why I was purchasing it.

I love that cat! Well done, I'm glad Hilton got a new home!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I wonder if some small child dropped Hilton and is sad:(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails