Friday, August 6, 2021

Celebrating 350,000 Miles. Go Go Silver Bullet Subaru!

That is correct!  Subie has passed another milestone by passing the 350,000 mile mark.  Unfortunately there are no badges for this achievement.  So....I will have to brag about it on the blog.  Yeah Subie!

However,  I must acknowledge that pride and bragging often bring small doses of Karma.   Call me superstitious.  (It still does not stop me from saying stuff though....)  Being an "elderly" car, I know that I have to pay special attention to small squeaks and hums now.  For instance,  A minor low sound caused me to finally replace the AC compressor belt  that had not been changed since we purchased the car back in 2012!  How neglectful on my part!   I guess my theory of "if it is not sqweelin', don't mess with it." can only get you so far.  

Did it stop the sound?  Maybe.   I think it sounds better, but Cheryl is not so sure.   After a little research on belts,  the You Tubers tell me that if you are replacing the old belts on the alternator and AC, you may want to think about the Timing Belt that runs the entire engine! 

Timing belt?  Um...  When was the last time?  2015 I think... maybe.  

So I asked the local Mechanic and he said it sounds like it is about due.   So Subie may be scheduled for a "Preventative Check-up" in the near future.   If it gains another 150,000 miles, I'll do it!

In other news,   Cheryl and I checked out a few other Farmer's Markets this week.   We stopped by the Wednesday night one in Coralville. It was small, but it did appear some people were buying things.   We may have to sign up for that one in the future. ( Somewhere, there is a building with my name on it.) 

Yesterday, it rained a LOT in the morning.   We got completely soaked while riding our bikes in Iowa City.  We thought the rain would keep us from going to the evening market in Washington, but it lightened up and was actually a pleasant experience.   We even managed to see over $100 worth of soap!  

The Music was kind of bad, though.  a local female chorus butchered many of my favorite songs.   I don't want to be too mean here, but I think Karaoke night at a Bar would have sounded better.  Ah well, music is an acquired flavor. 

Rain is in the forecast for the next several days, but it is hard to say just how much rain we will get.   I do know that my Mermaids are probably gone now.   So, back to square one once again!  I do tend to want at least a couple days between showers before attempting my next masterpiece.  We shall see how things go.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Yes to the rain but not in the amounts we are told we may get! Up to 4". But rain is good for the fungi, right?
Wow on the Subie. My 2005 Cavalier made it to 199K then I sold it for cheap and it made another 50K with a young lady who never checked the oil and of course that was its death.
Good for you for being such a good mechanic.
Hopefully the next few hot muggy days won't be so bad. I'm planning some indoor or porch activities.
Like...sitting on the porch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails