Sunday, January 8, 2023

Busy Work Week, And Some Winter Gardening.

Happy Weekend... almost over.   This has been the first time I have been able to actually sit down and type something for the blog.   You see,  I have been working at the Warehouse like a mad man!  And by "mad"  I mean:  Crazy!   Because we started the 100% inventory last week and that means long hours and extra Saturdays.  But there are things to blog about... And there will be Mushrooms!

Cut hole in box.

The Warehouse  actually kind of fun.   Well, the whole job is fun as a whole for me.   You have to find enjoyment in your job somewhere... otherwise you are just miserable and it is "work' just getting up in the morning.   But counting things, taping off sections that have already been counted, and scanning serial numbers has a certain "zen" like quality that I find very peaceful. 

We are just scratching the surface.

Sure, there are moments when you lose count or have to do the scan over again, ( after 500+ scans!)   but we are paid by the hour and there is a certain satisfaction you get when you are able to complete an entire pallet of serial scans without a single mishap.  

Let it soak in a bath of Water

At least that is how I look at it.   Or maybe I'm just weird.


Yesterday, we worked until noon and I was able to go out with a couple co workers and chat about the upcoming Zebra Transfer of the company.  And other things.  It was the first time I ever grabbed a beer with co-workers here in Wisconsin... So maybe I'm getting out of my shell a little more. 

I was also asked to join Dave for another piece of Helen's Awesome Apple Pie!   Remember that Awesome Pie I had about a month and a half ago?   Well, I was pleasantly impressed when Helen delivered another miracle in a Pie tin.   It was just as spiritual as I remembered it.   Only this time... she gave me the recipe!   So,  I will have to enlist the services of my beloved Wife to bake one of these up for me in the future.   And I know it will possibly take several attempts to get the experience just right.   But that is part of the fun... Right? 

I was able to open several of my Christmas Presents today, as the Christmas Tree and all of the holiday attire is being taken down today.   With work and other things getting in the way, we were not able to properly exchange gifts with each other.  So we took the opportunity today.   Christina opened her Electric blanket and I got a wonderful sweatshirt, book and bottle of Specialty Maple Syrup.  And Dave go some exotic beers from Woodman's.  Blueberry Wheat and S'mores!

Do I have a green thumb?

I also got some farming equipment.  

Maybe the bowl was a too small

Ok,   Small pots for an herb garden...   I decided to get them started today because I have to work again tomorrow.   And this will be my only day off.  I also got a Mushroom Growing kit from my Sister-In-Law and wanted to get that started as soon as possible.  My plan, is to take out the remnants( afer we grow the Mushrooms....)  and see if I can plant them in the forest in the park.  There are LOTS of dead trees that could use a little help in their decomposition. And who wouldn't like to have Wild Pink Oyster Mushrooms growing here in Sommers?  (Just in time for next year's Mushroom Hunting Season!)

And lastly,   I just finished an Origami Scorpion out of a piece of Chick-Fil-et Wrapping paper.   The warehouse bought us breakfast for coming in on Saturday, and I managed to keep my wrapper.... for folding purposes.  It is a foil based wrapping paper... and I think I pushed the paper to the limit.   But I did manage to finish the piece before the paper began to tear.  I may bring it to work tomorrow. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was rather busy, but I am actually looking forward to going back and working with my co-workers for the Inventory.  They are all good people.  And fun to work with.  I have heard rumors that if we finish the inventory early, we may be able to get a few days off... With pay!  While they set things up for the next phase of the transfer to Zebra.   We shall see.   

Thanks for stopping in! 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you have good luck with that Mushroom growing kit!

Val Ewing said...

I've loved mushroom growing kits! Yum!
Sommers? Or Somers? My boys went to grade school in Somers. It was so different than it is now. Hah. I had a Sturtevant address and lived in Somers. If I crossed the street I was in Racine County.

Hope you have a great week doing inventory!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails