Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Cheryl's Missed 5K "Downgraded" Race.

I had planned on blogging about Cheryl's adventures this last weekend....  but life got in the way. 

Actually, her injury flared up again.   It had been getting better with each one mile training run and walk...  but then she thought she should "See if I can actually run three miles."   And that is when things began going south.

She is better now.   Two days of complete rest has caused the pain to go back to "almost undetectable."   But she wants to give it an additional three weeks before trying anything stressful again.  Which means:  More walking. Less running.

It's ok for me.   Other than having nothing to blog about,  I can keep up with her walking.  Stocking sales are climbing and Cheryl continues to score the GRE.  Things are looking slightly better than they did during the summer.   In addition, the hot weather has finally given way to more "fall-like temps.  With a little luck,  Cheryl will be back on her feet and ready for some small fall race soon enough.   ( And we may actually have enough money to attend it!)

So that is all for now.  I had planned on posting a few pictures of my latest origami.   However, the pictures always turn out crappy and I'm working on a light box to help capture the light better.   Otherwise the lighting either shadows the detail or blinds it out.  Such is the problem with taking pictures of small detailed stuff.

Hope everyone is having a fine day today.   For those living in Iowa,   Enjoy that partly cloudy, cool weather.   This is the best time to be in this state. ( It only happens a handful of days each year) I will also see if I can post my plans for next year's tomato garden.
 Cheryl wants to buy exotic seeds and try them out.   I have also reached my threshold of tomato sandwiches.   I'm beginning to feel like I have consumed an entire bottle of Draino!  (Sure, it cleans you out, but leaves you feeling hollow inside.)   Actually it feels more like I drank battery acid.   But it is my own fault for eating so many at one time.  The season is almost over and we are now able to afford different foods....  so I shall be fazing out the tomato sandwiches soon.  ( But they are Soooo Good!) 

Thanks for stopping in and enjoy the Harvest!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails