Tuesday, September 19, 2017

When Cheryl Gets Distracted.... Things Get Flooded!

I do it all the time.  I get distracted.   Who doesn't?   Distracted drivers, distracted walkers, distracted humanity as a whole.  (In a hole!)
 But every now and then it happens to someone who rarely gets distracted... and the results are blogworthy.
Cheryl is one of those "hyper focused" people.   (The kind I admire and dislike....mostly.)   The other day she was taking a bath in the evening (her usual routine) when she somehow became involved with her tablet.  ( surfing the internet for images, I guess) She lost track of time and left her water run;   Flooding the bathroom completely!

You might be saying,"Why is this such a big deal?"   Well, other than the clean-up,  it is true.   People burn cookies or cakes because they become distracted in the kitchen. A little smoke alarm noise and you are jerked back into reality.   Except Cheryl was IN THE BATH AS IT WAS OVERFLOWING!   You would think the noise of the water running over the rim of the bathtub would have woke her out of her "slumber",  but no.

So now she is helpless in the bathtub, surrounded by 2 inches of water all around.   Call in the Hubby/Handyman.

It was not that bad, really.   Even reading this, it is difficult to make this mole hill into much more than a very large molehill.   But the real take away is that this happened to Cheryl   And that is rare.

 And besides,  what else am I good for, really?

As mentioned before, I get distracted all the time.   Usually in a different way.   While driving, I will be in "full story mode" when I see a police car behind me.   My conversation/story immediately drops and I Totally forget what I was talking about!  The same happens with deer, bouncing balls, stop signs, children playing, fast or weaving cars.   I totally ditch the conversation and focus on the distraction.   Most of the time this is a "good" thing.  But other times, I miss turn-offs and addresses because I am making sure I don't hit the person or car crossing the road.

Kind of like this video.





So,  sometimes we discover that even our superheros are human after all.  Not that big of a shock, really.   And I guess the lesson is to live in the "Now".  But that sounds like a page from some "self help book".  And I'm not selling that stuff.   Mostly, I just wanted to tell the world the funny story and remind Cheryl a year from now about that "one time in the bathroom..."   And I did not like getting wet and having to come to the rescue. Leave that stuff for the guys in capes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails