Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Cleaning The Subaru, Inside and .... Inside.

Cheryl wants to clean the Suberu.
Today,  for no particular reason,  Cheryl and I decided to clean the Subaru's interior.   Perhaps it was all those videos on "How to clean your car"  that I watch. Or perhaps it was all of those dirty cars that are for sale on Craig's list that Cheryl has been studying.   Either way,  we rolled up our sleeves and got busy.

Dirty Engine.
I don't have any "before" and "after" pictures of Cheryl's side of things.   However,  after I finished my part,  I climbed into the Subster and enjoyed the fresh smell of "clean car" and dust free dashboard.
Dirty Battery!

Clean Engine! 

As for me,  I focused on the engine compartment.  After working on him off and on,  I noted that I continue to get totally grimy every time I do the smallest of adjustments under the hood.  Time to clean him up!
Some Before and after Pics.
Clean Battery!









Being cold and rather late in the day,  I decided to do the KISS method.  ( Keep It Simple Stupid!)  I pulled the battery,  blew off the dust with the shop vac, spritzes soapy water on everything I could reach, and brushed up on hoses and cables with a toothbrush.   I would have liked to buff up the metal parts more,   and reach further back in the engine housing... but overall.  I'm happy.

Too bad the Light was fading. 
Hopefully I won't get dirty whenever I fuss with the battery now. 
I still see a lot of work to be done.  But maybe I'll tackle that later in the summer.  When the sun stays up longer and the air is not so cold.  Also,  I think that a little water might have been helpful.   My ultimate plan is to eventually replace many of the older hoses on the engine.   Time will tell if I ever get the time or resources together to do that. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails