Friday, March 2, 2018

Shorts, O-Rings, And Cat Eating Steak.

Can a Steak eat a cat? 
Biting off more than Hiro can chew.
 Or Steak eating cat.   I doubt a steak would eat a cat.   Either way,  that statement is confusing if you think slabs of Cow Flesh could eat a medium sized predator.  But I digress.

"Mmmmm. They Taste Like Clover..."
Shorts weather!
Warmer weather has allowed Cheryl to parade around in shorts for her training runs.  I personally think that she is pushing spring along a little,  but it has tipped into the high 50's.  The only problem is that those temps are fully reached late in the day... after our scheduled training/exercise time.

Two days in a row!
Not for me though. 
 I have been down dressing as well,  but I still refuse to commit to shorts.   The riding of the bike does not stimulate the heat production the same way running does.   And if the weather is cool and the wind brisk,  then I will freeze!   At least I don't have to wear my full winter attire and look like an Eskimo on a bike anymore.


Celebrating 7 miles!
Stretching the "bad" leg.
Cheryl has been able to get up to 7 miles a few times.   Her leg continues to trouble her from time to time,  but the intervals have been getting farther apart.  With a little cross training, ( and luck!) she should be ready for Grandma's Marathon in June.  Fingers crossed.

Going back to "seasonal" temps. 

Cheryl still happy to run. 

As with all things,  the Iowa weather changes.   Her morning run was shorter and colder today,  But she has been able to keep up with things.   And that makes her happy.... for the most part.


And stretch the "bad" leg.

Air Idle Control Valve. Loose O-ring
Just when you think Subie is fixed.... and your life has finally taken that turn for the better....  He stalls.   I finally broke down and replaced the Air Idle Control Valve again. 

Supposed to fit tightly around this line.
Time to hopefully find a replacement.
Upon closer inspection,  I'm thinking it could be a worn out O-ring.   The O-ring is supposed to fit snugly around the first indent.   The one on the "old" AICV was stretched out.   I'm not entirely sure how big of a difference that makes,  but the symptoms have been intermittent and random.   The new AICV has a tighter O-ring and seems to be running fine.   Time will tell if it was the cause of all of our problems.     ( It is such an easy fix too!  Grrr!)



Hiro likes grilled cow flesh.
Only if I'm eating it, though.
For some reason,  I have been craving Red Meat lately.   I'm not sure why.  I can hardly remember the last time I actually had beef in the form of "Non-Hamburger".   But I usually buy the cheapest cuts (because I'm a frugal Scrooge!)  and smother it in A1 Steak sauce. 
Why do we spoil cats so? 
Small licks, big bites!   "Gulp!" 
Call me uncivilized, but that is the way I like it ( no Medium Rare "uncooked meat" for me!)    Unfortunately,  the cat likes my steak as much as I do.   Never mind that he gets to eat fish and chicken and shrimp  ( Whole Cocktail SHRIMP!) in his cat food.   He is very sophisticated in his manners as well.   It must be clear of steak sauce,  warm, but not hot,  and slightly juicy.   He also refuses to chew, rend or tear anything.   When he finally grabs it,  he gulps it down whole!  From a prissy "Dandy" to a gluttonous Dog within milliseconds.    Good thing he is not a tiger!
Not my picture, but you get the Idea.  

Hope everyone is having a fine Friday so far.   Last nights Moon was a sight to behold.    It had a bright Orange Color and was HUGE!   It hovered slightly over the Horizon just before the sun set.  Unfortunately,  I did not have my Camera to snap its picture,  but my camera has never been very good at capturing the moon in its splendor.  Perhaps Larry was able to.  He has a better camera and does a better job.

Cheryl..  Kinda like that. 
UPDATE !   I just visited Larry's blog and he DID!   ( Although not the orange version I mentioned.)  Still,  It's cool to speculate and have a blogger pull through.   The FULL MOON kept Cheryl up last night.   The Angle shines right into our bedroom window,  appearing as if a car had parked outside our bedroom with its lights on.   Here in Iowa,  you could almost read a book on nights the moon is full.   I can only guess why that would cause people insomnia....  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails