Thursday, August 9, 2018

Happy Post Birthday Party..... To Me.

No cake
Yesterday was my birthday.   And I chose not to celebrate it... because....I'm old-ish.    I didn't throw a party.  I didn't want any cake.  However, I did eat way too much Ice cream.  Which only helped me feel bad.    Both physically and spiritually.  So if you can no longer celebrate important events with food,   What else can you possibly do?
Might not fit in the car
Well,   Go shopping!  Specifically for expensive stuff hat you normally would never buy for yourself.   Like a tool chest!

Everyone needs a tool chest, right?   It seems like one of those things that "Every Full-Fledged Male of a Certain Age Should Have."  It's possibly that most men actually DO have one already.... and a really nice expensive car.  But I'm a little slow when it comes to treating myself with "guy things"   ( Like cars and tools)   Mostly because I'm cheap.     And Unemployable....

My Christmas Store!
But today, at Harbor Freight,   we purchased a tool box for ME... for my Birthday.   I would love to take credit for the idea,  But really it was mostly Cheryl's idea.   Several reasons for this:   She holds all of the money.   She is sick of my pathetic, disorganized tool bag taking up space and messing up the closet.
Kind of a problem. 
 And lastly,   She wants to get rid of the chest I currently am using to house my stray tools. 
My idea was to get it from Harbor Freight.   Because of three reasons:  It was Cheap!   Inexpensive!  And It was On Sale!  Sign me up!
Problem is:  We own a Legacy!

No blue colors this time. 
The first problem was getting it home.   We have a Subaru Legacy.   Not a Baja, Outback, Tribeca or Forester. Not even a Impreza Hatchback.    Nope!   We chose the ONE SUBARU model that has the most limited trunk and back seat space.


  For this reason, we had to downsize our expectations to a smaller Tool Chest.  ( AND save $50 Bucks!    How awesome is that?)    The only regret was we could not get the chest in Blue.   Cheryl really wanted Blue.

America in the name. 
China in the Box/
I managed to get the box in the car No Problem.   Even the Staff Member was impressed with my Spacial Reasoning.  I spent the greatest chunk of the afternoon assembling it in the livingroom. 

Let's assemble!

Not like IKEA furniture.
After about two hours,   a handful of tools, and a few moments of profanity...  the chest was assembled.   I left out all the good parts.   I mean,  Tools?  Mixed with a few moments of Profanity is the best way for any guy to spend an afternoon....  Unless He is into sports or something...

Need Cheryl's help.

Or a special Tool.
Cheryl only had to help a couple times.   Cheryl helping is a lot like a nessisary evil.   She rarely wants to help me with anything....  Especially when there are tool and profanity going around.  ( I don't understand why...)




Fully assembled. 
I think Cheryl is proud of me.  
 She might be too weak to help me pick the chest up and put it on the stand, but she does have little halds that fit in the tight spaces.   Several of the Bolts were placed it very tough areas.   But everything worked out and I can't wait to fill it up with my clutter of tools.   Yeah.

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area,  check them out.   Next to Menhards,  they are my new favorite tool shop.    Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails