Monday, August 6, 2018

Pearson, Mushrooms, And Rabbit Management.

A (hopefully) quick post on the current job situation.   Today was the last day for our project!  Yeah! 

But then they found more stuff for us to score....  to help out our "friends" in Insert Randoms State Here.    This means we can continue to score a new prompt/project until Thursday. ( maybe)   Yeah!

So I get to work all the way through my birthday!    Yeah!  


Other than that,  I wanted to post a few of the pictures we gathered over the half-weekend we had.   Mostly a few of the odd Mushrooms we found.   

Are those Bugs in your Ears?

Why is it called Woodear?
First:   The Woodear!   Actually a fungus, and not a mushroom...  so I'm told.   I do know that you can eat them and people actually actively search for them.   If they are similar to the black fungus we bought at the Asian store,  it is similar in texture to stiff, rubbery seaweed.   But tastes good!    We decided to pass on these guys since they were a little dry.   And we already had a bunch of Mushrooms in the refridge.  


Black and Toxic.
Earth Balls
Next.  the Earth ball.   Similar to a puff ball.... it is round!   Unlike a puffball,   it is black in the middle and poisonous!    I thought these might be Woodeggs.  A form of the edible stinkhorn mushroom.  But it was not.   Still,  it is always cool to find something new. 

Maybe dangerous? 
Add another one!   
And then these two small red mushrooms.   I could not find them anywhere on the Internet.   I have serious doubts on their safety.  I found them attached to a log... and small brown-ish mushrooms on logs are not very safe to eat.  ( If you do not know exactly that you are looking for.) 

These guys!  Killing the earth!
My message to the Hooligans.
And finally,  I dealt a decisive blow to the rabbits today.  I told them exactly who is boss of this yard.   Wanna know how?    I sent them a message they could not refuse.   I think it is fairly straight forward.

And the Repercussions! 
I spot a scout
I left it at the scene of he crime.   A crime against mother Earth!    Apparently,  according to environmentalists,  there IS NO HIGHER CRIME! 




He pretends not to notice....
But I know better.... 
  So,   Consider this a warning and prepare for torrent of fury to be unleashed if they continue to engage in their dastardly ways.   I caught one watching me as I posted the message.   We may look cute and distracted, but don't be fooled.    He will report the message back and order will, once again, return to the yard.   I'm counting on it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails