Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Ice, The Cold, and The COLDS!

Cheryl and I have been battling colds for the better part of a week now.   We cleared up just enough to go back to work on Monday, but I seem to have taken a turn for the worst!  Cheryl still has a nagging cough and stuffy nose, but I had fever and aches and chills.... everything!   I thought it might be too soon to take a sick day after just starting a project... but then!


The universe stepped in to help me make up my mind.   You see,  Yesterday, is rained and then froze... again!   Everything was covered in a sheet of glass. 






I slipped on the way out to the Subie and I had to chip away the ice on the doors to get them open... again.   I was not in the best of moods, having only slept for about 2 hours that night,   when Cheryl suggested we call in.  She had an Eye appointment that morning, and they had just cancelled it because the Doctor could not make it.  So why should we kill ourselves just to score a few papers? 

Ah, the Common sense wisdom! She was probably more concerned for me because I  kept her up all night with my coughing and sneezing.   But she also hates work as much as anybody... so that was also a possible motivation.  But with the roads being a frictionless surface,  my aching body, stuffy head, and contagious cough,  we decided that it would be the perfect day for a "sick day."   I should say "ICE"day, because I turned on the news only to hear that all the schools had closed,   there was an accident on every major road leading to Iowa City, and there was no less than a 2-4 hour delay if you did not take a back road.  And on a icy day like yesterday,  I was not going to risk it.    Even with the Subaru, I was not feeling that heroic just so I can work!

Speaking of the Subaru.   We did go out for some coffee and to check the roads a few hours later.   They were not better!  You know it is bad when your Subaru is slipping with all four tires spinning.

Well I did not enjoy my day off very much.  I still had  to deal with this cold.  Cheryl took my temp and I was close to 102.   Mostly I just slept and drank liquids.    I was actually too beat up to even blog! 

Well I'm feeling better now.   Cheryl suggested we take today off as well since I hardly slept again last night.   I think the juice and "almost" rest is finally having an effect on the symptoms.  I can almost breathe out of one nostril at a time now.  Hopefully things will look better by tomorrow morning.

As for the weather.   The Air has gone from just below freezing to the DEEP freeze.  And there are reports things may get worse by the weekend.   Something to look forward to....  Subie does not like starting when the temps hit single digits.  And if there is to be snow mixed with wind,  that does not make for fun traveling here in  Iowa. 


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I had that crud, as we get older we get sicker and it takes longer to recover! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails