Friday, January 10, 2020

The Internet is BACK!

Now that the internet is back up ( for us, anyway)  I now have the agony of trying to remember what I wanted to blog about...  There were so many things!  And now... faded ghosts of a memory... Gone like smoke! (poof!)


So...  I guess I should write about the "hear and now"  as those topics are fresh in my mind.   Hmmm..  Cheryl and I both have a cold.   Lovely.

It's an odd  cold.   I got it first... because I'm older,  fat, in poor health, and do not enjoy being cold and miserable during the cold and flu season.   Obviously,  the virus saw a way "In" through me...

But now Cheryl has it.   Cheryl...  Younger,  slimmer,  More attractive, and in much better shape.   She naturally blames me for her current state.  I'm sure running 7 miles every day this month in the cold and wind had nothing to do with it.




The weather has been odd as well. It got up to 50 yesterday... But was in the 20's the day before!  Currently it is hovering around the mid 30's with a chance to freezing rain.  Tomorrow is it supposed to be miserable... perfect time for a run.


Speaking of running..   I have not taken many pictures while we prance around in the glum weather.   I could shoot an entire memory card of pictures just on the Eagles near the trail.   I still have hundreds on the computer that were a little too blurry to post.


They seem to be enjoying the weather just fine.    We see them in the corn fields and along the roads... eating deer and other roadkill left in the fields.  Cheryl counted 8 birds on one tree just the other day.   And we have counted as many as 13 in one near the park. ( the "bird tree")  They are the only thing worth noting along the trails lately.

Other than that,  Work begins for me and possibly for Cheryl next week.  I'm not looking forward to it.   I just started folding again, and it is difficult to be motivated to tackle larger models when you know you have a project coming up.  ( I can't explain it... it just happens that way.)  I might have to take down the Christmas Tree this weekend before we start it.  Goodness knows I will not have the energy to do it after reading papers for 8 hours.    Perhaps that might be a later blog post.  We shall see.  In the Mean time...I can;t wait to be rid of this cold!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you conquer the colds! Germy people are everywhere, wish they would stay home when they are sick! No photos of your folds??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails