Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tuesday Embroidery And Car Repair.

 It's late!  So I shall be brief ( -ish).   I got the part for the Subie today and replaced the heat sensor in the air intake filter box. ( or what ever the official Subie name for it is...) So easy I barely had to use any tools.   And I did it in the driveway in mu socks.  mostly because I was too lazy to put on shoes, but also because I was eager to get it replaced and behind me on my "things to do" list.    Winner!

And then... I jumped into Embroidery.   I have been falling behind after my "unsuccessful weekend" plans.   So.. tonight,  I am mostly caught up on the jobs I had been sitting on.   I finished up both of Reggie's sweatshirts.  ( Heavy Hoodies!  Tough!  The material was by far the thickest I have ever had to play around with.   It was a challenge to get the hoop on the material and stay put!   But luckily,  it all worked out.

Then there was Joan's Zip-up hoodie.  It was nice and easy doing this one because it had a Zip on the front and the material was much thinner than Reggie's.  Easy to access the hoops and keep the extra material out of the danger zone of action!  

Then there was AJ's...  The boss!   He wanted a fleece with just black thread.    Like Joan's, it had a zip on the front so it was easy to maneuver.  And I think the black thread looks sharp!  

The problem with the fleece is that the thread disappeared the moment it began.   So, I had to do a little something special to keep it on top and crisp against the fluffy background.   It worked like a charm!  And I'm sure veteran embroidery foks could have told me of this little "Pro-Tip" had I had time to inquire.... But I did not.   This is a "shoot from the hip... Learn as you go... Sink or Swim in the deep end of the pool" scenario!   And I feel like I have made some progress today.. Enough to give up valuable sleep time to blog about it. 

But I still have 5 T- shirts and a Baseball Hat for "Outbound Matt."   So... Enjoy the moment of recovery while it lasts.... In the mean time.  Time to get some ZZZZ's and post this blog.   Much shorter than usual, but it is a mid-week one...  So thanks for stopping in.

The Setting Moon? 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice embroidery! Glad you got your car fixed! The snow really blows around this year...we have a record amount! :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails