Thursday, April 8, 2021

After The Rain.

Faded Turtle...

The last three days have been gloomy and drizzly.   We has some fun and exciting thunderstorms last night.  But the rain has been sporadic...A Little here, a LOT over there.. and then it is over!  Sunshine!   (Just kidding... back to clouds.)  

Cheryl says the Mermaid is now naked!

I was fooled the other day into thinking I could squeeze in a chalk drawing and have it dodge the rain squalls.  But.. nothing is forever!  And chalk drawing on a public sidewalk is no exception.  

We headed to Muscatine yesterday and Cheryl ran under the threat of rain.  Lucky us!  It held off long enough for us to finish the run and grab some $1 Pizza and Kum and Go.  The Pizza was fresh and good...

Cheryl was eager to try out her new "Wonder Woman" super duper  running Sport's Bra Top.   Cheryl is NOT Patriotic, but likes the flash colors of the American Flag.   It is perfect for the 4th of July run we always seem to end up doing.   At least she is not dressing up as Uncle Sam.  

It would not feel like Muscatine if there was not a train to wave too as we run along side the tracks.  The conductor seemed to approve of Cheryl's Patriotic attire as well, since he could not stop blowing the horn. 

Cheryl says she likes it and will be buying more bras soon enough.   She has her eye on the lightning bolt one and  the one with the doughnut pattern. 

Spring has set off the color burst near the River.  We saw our first Tulips this year ( a HUGE bunch of Bright Yellow ones.) and a fully blooming Tulip Tree! The picture does not do it justice!  It was a sight to behold and I'm sure, in better lighting, it would have been even more glorious.  We both had to stop to admire it.  And since I rarely post flowers in this blog,  that should tell you something....

Back home,  the sun peaked through just long enough to taunt me into heading to the park again.  Cheryl said I could put one of my "experimental" drawings on the sidewalk and if it did not turn out, the rain would wash away the embarrassing evidence.  That sounded good enough for me, so I drew some simple cartoon shapes near the building.  I'm sure it has been totally washed away after last nights downpour.  but it got me outside to enjoy the good weather while it lasted. 

The same pattern is repeating today, but I am staying inside and making more chalk colors.  I was getting low on green and the Cartoon Dog I drew yesterday revealed that I needed a darker gray color.  I have another mural planned when the threat of rain subsides, but in the mean time, I will be thinking about Mushroom and how, where and when we will begin our hunt.   I can hardly wait.  

Thanks for stopping in.

Cheryl riding a Turtle...  It could happen!


Ok, Last one...  So much fun to make these.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Raining here too...this is the second day...it must be warmer there barely 40 F here. Nice shot of Cheryl riding the turtle! :)

L. D. said...

Your last two photos are wonderfully created. Raining again today is no fun.

Val Ewing said...

Those last two were so fun! I'm glad you got out to enjoy the weather and the tulip tree is gorgeous! The warm weather has made me feel like mowing the grass...NOT! But now that we have had rain, it is getting green fast!

Love your artwork!
And Cheryl's top rocks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails