Thursday, February 3, 2022

Cold Day, Cold Week!

Did I mention it was cold?   With a lovely wind chill that drops things into the negatives.    Perfect weather for running and biking... if you enjoy frost bite.   (Not hypothermia at least....)  On days like this, any exposed skin will become a flaming burn if you let it go long enough.   So the only answer is to cover everything as best as you can.

On Monday,   the last "warm day,"  the river was actually mostly clear.  However, after several sub-zero days with wind, it is completely frozen over again.   This means the Eagles have to hang out along the river in certain spots where there are small pockets of open water.   My best chance to get them, if I am able to brave the chill. 

There were at least two eagles spotted today.   One was right next to the trail and did not fly away before I took the pic.   Lucky me!   This pic is about the best I can muster with the crappy camera I lug around, but I will take it.  Being able to see Eagles this close is truly a treat for me.   

We extended out YMCA membership through February.   With the cold lingering through next week, we thought that another month of evening walks inside might help us battle the bulge.  And keep Cheryl from going crazy cooped up inside.   And keep ME from going crazy having to share a 600 sq ft Apartment with a Crazy Person.  

So stay warm!  6 more weeks of winter, according to the Woodchuck in Pennsylvania.  Funny how no one mentions global warming during winter...  Thanks for stopping in. 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Eeeks! That sure is dedication for getting in the miles!
Great shots of the eagles, I know they are not easy to catch.
When is the first marathon scheduled?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails