Sunday, February 6, 2022

More Miles! More cold.... But Today... a Slight Break

That is correct!  A slight break in the icy grip of Winter... Today it got up to almost 40 degrees before another cold front blew in.  For the last several days, the temps have been in the single digits and that makes running very challenging.   Still... We manage to get 7 miles each of those days with only minor frost bite on my cheeks...  ( Face... not butt! Although, that was pretty cold too!) 

With the nicer weather, Cheryl pushed her normal training to 10 miles at a fairly brisk pace.  I don't know what she is trying to prove, but sometimes I think she forgets that I have to bike alongside her.   Tearing off at warp speed means I have to pedal faster and that makes me hot and grumpy.   I should also note that she did not fuel up with some Uber Energy Drink...  Meaning, the Energy drinks are a placebo at best and an annoyingly unnecessary routine at worst.  

Other than that, today was a fairly productive day  compared to the last several days.   It was warm enough for me to put the plates on the car. ( Oh!  Yes,  we now officially own the car!  Another longer story for another post perhaps.) I was able to check out and possibly "fix" the blower fan in the Silver bullet Subie. I cleaned the bathtub, and the carpet with the carpet shampoo-er!  And we did out normal 1 hour walk-a-thon around the gym in Wellman.   Quite a busy day for us!

I should note that the blower motor on the Subaru is located behind the glove box on the passenger side.   And I have to twist my back into a pretzel while dislocating my right arm to get the thing in and out. I'm sure there is a "simpler" way to do it, but that method seems to work best for me.   (And I only lose a few screws without breaking anything.)   For now, it works!  Which will come in handy when the temps drop to the negatives AGAIN tonight.  ( In fact,  the cold has already arrived here.. Brrrr!) The Silver Bullet is awesome at dishing out hot air in the winter...  so if the blower goes, that is kind of a big deal.  But we shall see how things hold. 

Not much else to say or show.   Hope everyone is staying warm where ever you live.  And thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Brrr! But I'll take one of those steaming cups!
We enjoyed today also, it was nice all through sundown...well, nice for winter weather.

L. D. said...

Hot beverages and a fire do make me feel better. I am tired of the cold even though it is a little better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails