Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Cold, The Snow... And Some Origami.

It snowed last night.  Cheryl was still able to get her 7 miles in for a total of 60 miles for the week.   Good for Her!   

The temps have been well below freezing with a terrible wind chill.   This has made the last 14 miles of that 60 mile week very difficult.   Add in that the snow was a little more than a dusting, just to keep things interesting.    But at least the parks department were able to dust off the trail and eventually the parking lot!   Hurray!  

Mostly, the new snow hides the icy patches on the trail, so Cheryl can slip and look comical.  Cheryl does not like looking comical, so that is kind of a problem.  But with all the snow brushed off,  she was able to mostly look like the serious runner she always strives to be. 

Other than that,   I have been working on some more complicated Origami for the Wellman Wellness Center. (Also known as the YMCA or "Gym" for those in the know.)  I was very pleased with this Caribou, right up until I took the pictures.  I'm sure I picked the worst possible angle for the camera, but I was in a hurry.  I especially like the antlers.   I used a single ply tissue paper heavily sized with Methylcellulose.  There was a moment I thought the legs would not be strong enough to support it, but with a LOT of Modge Podge...  It manages to stand on its own.   We shall see if anyone at the gym notices it.  

Hope everyone had a great weekend.    The cold continues, so that is kind of a bummer.   Cheryl says we may take a rest day tomorrow to get caught up on some stuff around the house.  Namely: Taxes!  Cheryl just discovered we have until March 15 to do our because we are a business.  Could have fooled me.  Aren't businesses successful and wealthy?   If so... I fail to see the similarity.   But I will leave that for another blog post.   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Well tax time is a sign of spring!

That Origami moose looks absolutely awesome.
Looks like a mix of weather for this week...hope it goes well !
Congrats on the 60 miles this week. Whew!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails