Thursday, March 24, 2022

Rain, Snow, Running, and Chalk....

Time moves fast!  Today, we are chained to the Apartment waiting for the Cable Guy to show up.  "But Eth!  Didn't you say MediaCom sucked as a Cable Provider?"  It is a long story... but apparently we need the service to score from home.  I will leave it at that.  

In the mean time,  Monday's Wonderful weather has given way to Winter's last ditch effort to stay annoying.   It snowed today.   The temps have been slowly dropping over the last couple days with occasional rain.  But today it snowed.   

I think it was just to attempt to demoralize us.   Well think again!  Mother Nature! Cheryl went out and ran in this junk anyway.   Luckily, the snow did not stay long and the temps, even though they dipped below freezing, did not ice up the trail.  

I wanted to capture the White Pelicans today.   They have been hanging around the lake and river for a couple days now as they fly up north.   It is always a treat to see them here.  Normally, we only get to see them if we run by the Mississippi.   There must have been hundreds hanging out on the river as we ran by them yesterday. ( I had left the camera at home...)  But even today,  they could be seen on the lake.   Too bad they are skittish.  It is about as tough to get a close up of them as it is for Eagles.

And finally,   Some more chalk.   Even with the threat of rain, I was able to do a little chalking on the Rec Center building.  I made sure the receptionist knew I was there so no police would be called.  ( By now, most people know who I am and what I am doing....)  I managed to add a couple more figures before the cold became too annoying.   Also, I noted that the rain had not done much damage tot the last figure.   Perhaps they will last longer than I had initially planned. 

In the mean time, I will practice a little more on the portrait.   The human face is a very difficult thing to capture.   Sure,  They look like human faces..  But not like the one I'm trying to replicate.  Then again,  taking things to the next level might require years of practice and study.  I just want to keep things light for the time being.  

Hope everyone is staying warm today.   I think this is the last of the cold weather and we will soon get the spring stuff.  Fingers crossed... Now that I have a place to chalk without it washing away immediately.  ( or until they tell me to stop... which ever comes first.)  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Winter seems reluctant to leave. Here in TN it was 70 degrees earlier in the week. Then came the rain and howling winds. The temperature is now dropping drastically. Hopefully no snow.
The chalk drawings are lovely. I hope the rain won't get them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Winter won't leave quietly this year or early! I think your chalk drawings are wonderful!! well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails