Sunday, July 11, 2021

A Week Free From Blogging....

It has been five( or six?) days without anything blog worthy happening.  And it has been blissfully wonderful!   I figured I better throw in a post just to fill in the gap.  But I have no pictures to show and no stories to tell.   Basically, it has rained on and off enough to keep me from doing outdoor stuff.   And Cheryl continues to work on her Soap while I work on new Chalk colors.  Add in lots of downtime and it had been a wonderfully boring week for us.  

And there goes my vines...

Oh,  small things hardly worth mentioning.   We went to the Kalona Farmer's Market and did a fair bit of business... Despite the rain and threat of rain.  I sold a few bottles of the Bubble mix.  Cheryl sold an entire loaf of Barbershop soap to one customer who requested it 4 weeks ago.  The Sunflowers are doing well in the garden.  The tomatoes are not.   And the Landlord snipped off two of my Cardinal Creeper vines.. AGAIN!  Even AFTER I asked them to watch out for them.  

To be fair,  I was talking to the wife and not the husband... Who did the trimming. John gets a little carried away with the New Weed Wacker. 

 With the rain coming down,  it would seem that Mushrooms would be on the agenda for the near future.  We shall see.   Because Cheryl managed to get herself a really great case of Poison Ivy.  She is not in a great mood to get back out there in the woods.  But the Coralville Dam forest has less poison ivy that the Coralville trails, ( also less Stinging nettle!) So perhaps we will make that a visit destination tomorrow.  Fingers crossed. 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far.   The cooler temps are a God-send for Iowa at this time.  I actually wore a jacket this morning and did not over heat. ( although, we did get really really wet while running in the rain.)  I hope the cooler temps and moisture holds on for a little longer, as the rivers are pretty low this year.   And the garden seems to be enjoying the drink.   Happy Sunday!  And thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

Poison ivy is not fun. The weather has been bad and our area had the threat of hail. My other old house up for sale had hail damage all over town and care windows broken out as well as house windows. My old house had Anderson windows so the glass survived. The tomatoes seem slow but maybe the rain will speed them up a bit.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Cheryl. This stuff is expensive but works https://www.zanfel.com/help
Do you see any Jewelweed in any wet areas...that will help with the itch...the stem is square the leaves look like Impatiens...inside the stem in a liquid...split the stem open and rub on skin it will stop the itching.

Val Ewing said...

I'm catching up...OH NO on the poison ivy. I do know that plant well and keep a soap bar of Jewel Weed for those less fortunate than I. I always wear long pants while rummaging through the woods. I have pulled PI with my hands ... very carefully. But the oils are nasty stuff.

I hope Cheryl is doing better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails