Friday, July 23, 2021

Last Night's Moon... The Day Before The BIX!

 Last night, the moon was a Fantastic color!  I had to capture it!  There was only one problem... My camera sucks!  However, I have had a telescopic attachment that has been in my desk since Christmas. It is really useless for just about anything I had planned.. But perhaps this might be one of those moments where I can actually use it. 

Problem #1:  Focus!  In the dim light, and my shaky hand... Getting the focus to work was impossible.   I quickly ran inside to get one of my tripods.  Cheap crappy tripod that really is not good for shooting anything with action.  But.... might as well try. 

Problem #2:  Clouds!  What?   Where did the moon go!  There were no clouds in the sky a moment ago, and now the moon is gone.  Apparently, the haze from the sky was enough to obscure the image.  

Problem #3:  Finding the moon in the dark, timing it before the clouds hide it again, and every time I touch the click button, the camera shakes and takes a blurry picture.  Time to get out the "hand less" Bluetooth button.

I snap about 30 pics.   Mostly focused.  I end up making an animation.  This is as good as it gets.

On to better things!   Cheryl picked up her packet for the BIX tomorrow.  We drove to Davenport and did the usual stuff.  The Expo was kind of sparse, but then again,  until just a few weeks ago, the BIX said it would be at 1/4th capacity.  They changed the requirements after the fear of Covid has subsided.  Looks like the Sun, Heat, and Humidity will be as high as possible to make the run dangerous without a pandemic. Cheryl says she will not be running to win this one.  Walk a little,  Sample the Popsicle, enjoy the sprinklers and music.   Don't worry!  There will be beer at the Finish line. 

We will celebrate at Tee's after it is all finished.   Yeah Tee's!  Ice cream, Hamburgers, Air conditioning. Perfect for the After Race Party. 

For the rest of the day, I worked on some more Poo's in the Park.  They were colorful.   I tried to spread them out so people could discover them on their walks. Everyone likes to see a large, bright, colorful Poo while walking.

 

 

 

 I also added a Unicorn. If you can't do anything amazing, you can at least go Big, Bold, and Extreme with the color.   Cheryl thought it was nice. 

And before I sign off for the night.   This just happened a few minutes ago.   Cheryl has been exploring the "Bath Bomb" as a possible addition for the soap shop.   They are cheap and easy to make, and people apparently love them!   So.. She made 4 bombs yesterday and wanted to try them out tonight for her bath time.  What could possibly go wrong? 

Well, the recipe called for 1 tablespoon of blue mica for the color.   That is 1/4 of a tablespoon of mica per ball.   Was that too much?  Do you see where I'm going here?   

The answer to the rhetorical question is an overwhelming "YES!"  She turned into a Smurf.  From the neckline down.  I would have showed you a picture if I did not want this Blog to maintain its "G" rating.  But there are apparently plenty of pictures on the internet of people turning all sorts of colors while enjoying a bath bomb.  The Absolute kicker is that CHERYL HAS A RACE TOMORROW!   We shall call her:  The Blue Streak!

Cheryl Runs the Blues away!
It's Mostly gone now...

Ok,  after about a half hour of scrubbing, she managed to get most of the blue off of her body.  The bathtub and shower curtain will be a different story.  But for now, she will at least be able to run the BIX with Confidence, worrying only about heat stroke and dehydration.  And NOT worrying about being abducted by the Blue Man Crew.  The good news is that we made a discovery that our first Bath bomb was a Bomb! And no soap customer was dyed in the process. 

I'll have lots of pics tomorrow, but I wanted to post this while I had the time.  AND tell Future Cheryl and Ethan that the Bath bomb Recipe had better be better in the future.  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my blue is not the greatest color to be:(

Val Ewing said...

Sorry about it making me laugh! But that was funny. Sort of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails