Wednesday, June 22, 2022

An Afternoon At The Lake.

Lake Michigan!

 And by "Lake," I mean Lake Michigan.   Yes, I took a little trip the the Illinois side of the lake today.  Mostly because the section of Wisconsin I'm currently in is literally a stones throw away from Illinois.  And that was the Marina Dave wanted to show me.   

Nice place.   Lots of nice boats and beer gardens to enjoy.   But I was not there for any of that.   I came for the  opportunity to chalk! 

Now,  I am currently working at the Scoring gig,  but honestly, I have all week to qualify and they are not going to let me begin scoring until Saturday!  So I have been trying to stretch out the training as long as I can.  (And I want to qualify, after all... so there is that.)   But a welcome distraction comes in the form of chalking a new place is always appealing.   I would say this is how you know you are cursed with being an artist.   You will abandon "responsible" choices just to go put some art on a  sidewalk.  

Unfortunately,  the sidewalk was small in places.   They also had lots of brick paths and boardwalks.  When I finally found  a large section of concrete in the shade.... It turned out to be sealed concrete... not the best for Chalk since it wipes away effortlessly.  

I finally settled on a small section near the  swimming pool area and that is when the Black flies decended upon me!

As some point close to that, I stopped having fun.   I blotched down a small drawing and I barely got to add any details.  Good thing I didn't tackle anything more complicated.  The black flies were Swarming!  

I got back from the Marina and decided to work on scoring a bit more.  I aced one practice set only to tank another.   I am pushing qualification off until tomorrow.   Hopefully with fresh eyes, I will be able to pass it without issue. 

Quality control.

When Dave got back, he asked if three days of fish was acceptable.   I agreed that fresh fish is far better than rotten or frozen.  So we cooked up the last of the Bluegills this evening.  We made sure that the Quality was still up to par.  And there is only one way to do that....   Samples!

As long as there is no evidence,  no one will be the wiser,  right    Oh!  And there was Beer!   Terrepin Hazy IPA.   A wonderful Grapefruit hoppyness.  

We STILL have fish left over... but Dave cooked them up and they will be stored for leftovers.  I couldn't eat anymore and neither could he.  With all that extra chow, it was time for an evening walk through the neighborhood.    Cool breeze and less heat than yesterday made for a pleasant stroll through the hood.  

Hope everyone is enjoying the evening as well... and thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nothing better than fresh fish! Sounds like you are having a good time with your brother!

Val Ewing said...

Ahhhh! Lake Michigan! I miss it in so many ways. As a kid we would visit the lake from the north shore of Chicago. Then Kenosha and Racine as an adult.
Sounds like you are having a great time!

Yum on the fish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails