Friday, June 17, 2022

And Then Covid Had To Ruin Everything!

This week had potential to be something cool.   As most weeks are at least...  But then!   Covid struck!  

Anyone know what version we are now on?   I wouldn't mind knowing because I want to collect the entire set.. apparently.   I believe this is the third time I have caught Covid in some form or another.   It started out Sunday Night with some body aches and night sweats.   I did not really have a Respitory issue to speak of.   But I did not feel very spunky either.  By Monday Morning,  it broke and I was feeling much better.  

But then Dave got it. He has the cough and raspy throat version.    And... Handy him, he has a collection of Covid Test kits!  ( Being a Pastor has it's perks!) So he, out of curiosity, decided to give himself a test.   BOOM!  Covid Positive!   He then offered me one to see if I had had it before.   What the heck, might as well...  BOOM!  You're Positive too, Eth!  

Well doesn't that just ruin everything?  So Dave was supposed to preach this Sunday... That doesn't look like it is going to happen.   He also had a Funeral on Saturday.   ( I think)  Um... Not any more!  So, needless to say, we have been laying low for the next 5 days.  Theoretically, I could probably head out in public without threatening anyone, since I had it last weekend, but I still have a stubborn little cough and if the test says I still have some of that junk in my system, then I certainly do not want to spread the love. 

So what does one do with this newfound time?   Why... Go fishing!   Why not?   The Fish certainly do not care how contagious you are.  And a hidden farm pond is the perfect place to get away from the general public.   It was a private pond where Dave knows the guy. ( Being a Pastor has its perks!) so no one bothered us for the afternoon.  The only down side was that the shore was pretty much overgrown with vegetation, meaning I had to wade out into the much if I ever wanted to be able to cast out.   (Which I did.)  Even then, it was fairly deep, so I could not go out too far.

Still!   We did manage to catch a few.   A couple bass and a nice Bluegill should be enough for a single meal.  I had hoped that the bluegills, who were on their beds, would be a bigger hit.  But I was wrong.   after that first one, I could not get the rest of the gang to try any of my offerings.  

And as I mentioned before,  Dave is the Pit Master MAN!  A few days ago he grilled up some marinated Chicken Breasts.   The smell was intoxicating and we got to sample the small tid bits that fell off the larger portions.   He cooked enough for the week!  And even reheating them in the Microwave, they remain tender and juicy.  

I'm going to have to dive into this field of cooking some time in the future.  I feel like there is a lot of unexplored territory that I have been missing out on.  I can't remember the last time I have eaten this much meat in a week!   Now, to be fair,  Dave cooks for the Protein.   He is a Hulk, after all.  All that muscle requires  protein to fuel and maintain.  I don't have such an agenda.  I just like the flavor.

So...  That is the week in review.   I still am able to go for some walks and stuff, but I now have to be aware of other people.  At least for the next couple days.  Dave is already feeling better, so that is a plus.  

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy this week.  Honestly, I should start collecting the Covid stars for bragging rights.   Dave was even Vaccinated and has now caught it twice!   But we always knew it was going to be around now forever and ever.   It sucks that we both caught it during the Summer.  

Thanks for stopping in.


3 comments:

Jon said...

Three times? That's absolutely horrible! You should receive some sort of Covid Endurance Award. Please rest up and take care.
BTW - that grilled meat looks delicious.

Val Ewing said...

Well, I hope you feel better soon! It has been crazy over here so sorry that I haven't kept up.
That looks yummy.
Plus I have tried to convince the other half that we should go fishing!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel better soon! Do you have any idea where you could have gotten it? Fishing is a great sport!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails