Friday, March 22, 2019

Hot Dash Packet Pickup...Uff Da!

Welcome to Minnesota.

At the Packet Pickup. 
So here we are in Minnesota,  Land of the Vikings, Walleyes and 10,000 lakes.   And there is no snow!

Well,  There is a little left here in the Twin Cities, but not as much as you might think, given the winter we have had.    There are "Nice Temps" predicted for tomorrow's race.   I'm sure it will start off cold and eventually rise up to 50degrees or so.   Even so,  I can go outside without a jacket on and remain comfortable.
But what is there to say about packet pick-up day?   We went there and picked up the packet!   Simple!    But that would probably be a boring blog post.  And since I re-read these things years later, I want to entertain the Future Ethan as much as possible.   Anyone else who also enjoys the post is simply along for the ride.    So let's get to it.
What better place than a Brewery!

Time to pull out our Inner Minnesota
spirit. 
After a long and arduous journey filled with dangers...  We arrived at the Summit Brewing Company...   Because Beer and Running go hand in hand.   (Like Chocolate and peanut butter before everyone became allergic to it and ruined EVERYTHING for the rest of us....)  The parking was limited and there were lots of people waiting to get their packet,  so we did not linger for any beer samples....  That will come tomorrow.
Because Sweden is known
for one thing....

 Meatballs!

Off to IKEA for new lamps and some meatballs.    Because if you want to truly sample Sweden.... You have to have the Meatballs.  ( Which I did!)    They were great as always. 



Not in Stock!  Boooo!
The bad part was that we did not find our lamps.   Similar to last time,  there was one on the floor...but we need two.   So we ended up buying a bunch of stuff that was totally unnecessary.  Typical "bait and switch" tactics!   Hopefully we will find a use for the stuff.   And we did find a few serious bargains.   I'm sure it will all work out.
Local Beers!



And lastly,   the local beer samples.    Cheryl chose a Castle Danger one and I picked a local brewer named "Bad Weather".  Hopcromancer!  So far,  the beer is pretty good.    Hoppy!   With a wonderful foam and piney kick to the taste.   My kind of beer. 
My choice!  Yummy! 

Cheryl's Choice.
Tomorrow we are supposed to arrive about an hour early to get the best parking.   The 10 mile course is an "out and back" route... so I will most likely wait for Cheryl at the Start/finish line. But then again... it is only 10 miles.    Cheryl may want to get a new PR if the weather is cooperative.  Wish her luck!   If she can shed the heavy winter clothes,   she may perform better than the previous year. 

Because I have to remind myself I'm
Important!  Sometimes.....
And then we will sample the Summit Beer.    I'm looking forward to it.   And all the other stuff that happens on Race day.    Mostly it gives me something to blog about and that is pretty important.   Because...I like reading about my adventures when I am older.   It creates in my mind that I was actually a pretty interresting dude.      Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails