Friday, March 8, 2019

Marathon Recovery Syndrome.

Suffering from MRS!
Cheryl has it.  Kind of.    I'm don't even know if that is the technical term or if it is actually a medical condition.   It is the process of "Doing Nothing" after a Marathon.   (Or it may be just the Opposite!  Who knows?)    But doing nothing is what Cheryl and I have been busy trying to do all week.   I have been SO busy doing nothing, that I have had no time to BLOG!
But doing absolutely nothing everyday is hard work.  Dare I say...Impossible!  For instance,   I had to rotate the tires on the Subie yesterday.   Because yesterday was supposedly the only day we had where the weather was "good".   (Cold, but not frozen.   Firm ground. No snow or rain. Etc.)  And then the Dryer started to squeek again.    I had to bust out all of my tools and this time I greased everything that moved!    So far,  the dryer has been working without any ear splitting noise.

The Belt will be the Next thing to Go. 
I can see that eventually,  the belt on it will have to be replaced as well.   But I will have my fingers crossed that I don't have to take it apart in the near future.   Apparently,  all weekend,  the neighbors have been using it without issue.   Only when Cheryl has to dry something does it act back up again... Very Suspicious.

Walking instead of running.   Imagine
that!
As for Cheryl:  With her legs still aching,   she has tried to run at least three miles every day this week.   What part of "Recovery" does she not understand?   Her legs seem to lack the improvement that she normally enjoys after trying to break herself.   Maybe she is getting too old.   Or...   she refuses to allow her body to heal itself.   There are other ways to spend your time without having to use the same muscle group as you did during the run.

Cheryl Dooms the Planet for her
Own Selfish Recovery Plans.
The Tastiest Part of Destroying the
Planet!


For example.   You can cook stuff!    Salmon with berry sauce!   Yum!   And I hear that Salmon aids in repairing muscle damage.   (I also hear they are filled with Mercury and Lead.  And Contribute to destroying the planet...   So take that information with a grain of salt.) All I know is that Salmon  is tasty!   And the planet was never going to last forever anyway....
A typical "Hiro" Day. 

Team Allenbrite In Uniform. 
So now,  we are taking a page from the cat's playbook.   Sleep,  eat,  play a little...not too much.   And then take a nap.   Repeat the parts you enjoy.  Cat's really have a good thing going on.


Hiro checks my spelling. 
I think he approves.
He makes me look like
"Grumpy Cat."
  If they could figure out how to write it down in a book, I'm sure it would be a best seller.  For now,   We are content with imitation.   We even special clothes to match him.

Stay safe!  Stay warm!   Eat Salmon...  especially if they are covered in a berry sauce!    It's good for the environment!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails