Sunday, March 31, 2019

Just a Little Origami.

An origami Moose. 
Because we have used up just over 75% of our internet,  I have had to be discriminating when it comes to my computer time.  But blogging seems like a good waste of it...   And why not post something that has nothing to do with much of anything.  Origami!

Robert Lang's version. 
Not much has been going on this week,  so I have been folding stuff and leaving it at random places.  It makes the days go by and helps me to harness a skill that will never make me money.   How great is that!
Box pleating... Made Easy! 

Today's model:  An origami Moose!     I chose the Robert Lang version because what better way to test my skills.


Form a square...
I folded this model (not shown on  this posting...) years ago.   And surprisingly, it was pretty good for a first time attempt.   The method is called "Box Pleating"   I find this simpler than Circle Packing,  Circle Packing With Rivers, or Polygon Packing.  Trust me!  They are as confusing as they sound. 


Pinch the corner. 


But box pleating is like an acordian.   You form a little square box...


Collapse it into a box.
Add clips to keep it in line. 
And them pleat it.  Simple!   Now do that over and over again.

Do this until  it looks like a moose. 
There was one moment where I had to ????? the description and the diagram.  But I managed to figure it out.    One note:  The paper Cheryl and I made last year was FAR SUPERIOR to the stuff I origimally folded this model with .  It never tore. ( unlike the first attempt...  several tears back then.)  And the paper allowed me to really manipulate things.


Now add some shaping.. 
In the end,  I'm drying it now.  To get that "sculpted" look,  you need to add a little moisture and sizing. (essentally glue...)  So I have it set up on my table to hopefully dry in a shape that stands on it's own.
Tada!   A horse!   I mean a Moose behind a horse. 

Other than that,  A few origami Horses and some more rabbits.  Cheryl has been embracing her inner hobbyist as well. she has made several cool seasonal necklaces and pendants.  Neither of which will ever make her any money either.  It's our curse to be smart at creativity bu dumb at business.   Ah well,   there is always stockings and Pearson.

Hope everyone is staying warm today.   A cold snap has hit us over the last two days.   Frost, ice, and bitter, strong winds are hiting us on all sides.  I'm so ready for spring to get here.   For now,   I'll be making myself a nice warm beverage.  Thanks for stopping in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails