Friday, June 19, 2020

An Origami Stop Motion Horse....Sort of....

Today I attempted to use the Green Screen Chroma Key on my Hue Animation and my Open Shot Video editor.  Two chances to get it right!  Two failures!
First, I had big plans for the running horse.   I have been watching videos on where the legs go and how the body moves.   I had my background all picked out.   I was going to have three horses running through a meadow like those "spirit horses" in the Man From Snowy River....  However.  There were problems. 
First,   My background was not going to work.  Not enough scene to fit in the camera.   That's ok!  I have the Chroma Key!   Film the horse on a single color background and replace it with a stock photo!  What could go wrong? Aside from having never done it this way before.....
Finding a uniform green screen was not as easy as I first thought.   I used Green felt. ( we have a lot of that.)  Ironed it, cut to size, pined it up!   The Hue Animation software did a great job removing all of the green.   The Problem is that I would have to go frame by frame removing the green.    SO!   On to Open shot. 
The problem with Open shot is that I have to put in 5 Chroma Key  effects to remove ALL of the green.  And even then.. it still bleeds through!   Also, during the process,  I must have deleted a frame...making the horse look like he is skipping rather than running. 
And Finally!  BLOGGER!  Won't let me post the entire video because it is 1 minute long!   So I have to break it up and post my disaster in three separate sections.   YEAH!   (Actually,  it looks better this way, because it looks like a "process" video instead of a train wreck.) 
So I'm done!  For today, anyway.   I erased most of my stock footage trying to fix the problems.  So I will have to start over from scratch...  Bummer.   In the mean time,  Enjoy the disaster video.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good idea I am sure you will work it out! You horse looks like he has arthritis in his back legs:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails