Thursday, June 25, 2020

Stop Motion Horse... With Blender and Openshot Software.

This little project has taken too long and it is time to move on.   I finally figured out, with a LOT of trial and error and You_Tube Videos,  how to render a green screen stop motion onto a background video.   Openshot is far simpler, but has limited uses.  I'm thinking it is possible to get better results if I ever explore it to its full potential.   

But Blender is really the Top of the Line when it comes to everything Video editing, 3D sculpting, special effects...  You name it!   It is the same software the Big Guys use and it is every bit as complicated.   So.... I have been wrestling with this thing for a week now  and have a few of the basics down.   

Oh!  And the Tutorials are, on average, TERRIBLE!   The Geeks and Nerds that make these videos are NOT very good TEACHERS.   I never thought teaching was such a skill until you discover people who can not teach.   (Including me... I'll admit I sucked at teaching.) 
Video Nerds!   And I am relying on
them...
Geeks! 
Either the videos are overly complicated or so boring I find myself skipping ahead because we have not even gotten past the "let's get started" mode after 10 minutes!   Bottom line,  you have to have a TREMENDOUS amount of patience, persistence, and passion to sludge through those tutorials.   At least there is more than one  single guy out there making them.   I should be grateful for that. And when I'm not throwing my computer out the window out of frustration, I can sometimes glean a scrap of knowledge from one of them. 

So...  Here is what I have so far.    Slightly cleaned up, but I still have a long way to go.   But I'm done with this video for now.   This will end up being the one I post on my You-Tube channel. Enjoy! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails