Saturday, September 11, 2021

Greetings from Clinton Iowa.

It has been a busy week this week!  Mostly stockings, but a little bit of time for Chalk.   Having to take all of the soap and origami junk and swapping it out with the Felt, buttons and sewing machines has taken longer than expected.  But I think things are now as they should be.  None of this information is relevant to the title of this blog post, but I thought I would explain why I have been lax in my posts...  Now back to the Post!

What could be in Clinton county?   Why...  A Race!  Of course!   Cheryl is running YMCA Clinton Half Marathon.  Not the catchiest of names, but a race is a race.   It is 13.1 miles along the Mississippi.  With a key part of it running up Eagle Point Park to a Very Scenic Overlook!  

And by up, I mean UP!  I'm not sure of the elevation, but we drove the route this afternoon and discovered that there is certainly more elevation than previous races.   And the Temps will be in the 90's    So... Good Luck Cheryl!  

As for me,  Looks like it is an "out and back" race route again, so I will be eating donuts and sipping coffee waiting for Cheryl at the Start/finish line.  Most likely in a shaded area.   I could possibly try to race around the runners to the turnaround point, but I do not like the layout of Clinton.  And it looks as if the runners will be racing down the main road. In fact,  through the park, there is only a single lane where the runners will be running.  I doubt it will be open to cars.  We even found the 8 mile mark on the pavement. 

We stopped in to the Davenport Farmer's Market today, checking out how the market fares on a non-Bix day.  The crowd looked pretty good!  And we might have to consider this for next year, if the possibility presents itself. 

It has been 20 years since the terrorist crashed planes into the twin towers.  Everywhere on the internet, the message is clear and all about remembering.  What is there to say that has not already been said a million times before.  I find it odd that many of the people that fought there in Afghanistan may  not have even been  born when this happened!  But this post is not supposed to be about any of that. 

We are in our Hotel room at the moment,  trying to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow.  We have the Oldsmobile 88 loaner car for the weekend and it is a dream to drive.   With a little luck,  Subie will be out of the Hospital sometime next week.   I can hardly wait.  

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.  20 years certainly has flown by quickly.  I have not been on an airplane since then. ( Just a small note... No real reason behind that. )  I would hope folks are able to remember a few of the good things that have happened over the last 20 years. Just don't let the news dictate the doom and gloom too much as to ruin your Weekend.   Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope Cheryl had a good race and you enjoyed the doughnuts!!

Val Ewing said...

I flew with my father to Hawaii one month after that day. Everything has been pretty quiet here. I found some more cool 'shrooms this past weekend but didn't pick them.

Hopefully Cheryl had a great race and you didn't melt. It sure ended up as a nice cool day here on Sunday with some nice quiet rain too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails