Tuesday, September 21, 2021

More Chickens Of The Woods! And Stockings. And Chalk Art.

This morning at the Trueblood Trail, Cheryl found a fresh bunch of Chicken of the woods!  This is the first time finding it on the Trueblood trail.   And it is the first time finding it anywhere other than Coralville!  Truly an exciting find!  We already cooked up a bunch of it and made sandwiches.  Cheryl believes we found about a pound of the mushroom.   
Jack-o-lanterns.
Tomorrow, we are scheduled to head out to the wildcat caves where there are rumors of entire trees being covered in the stuff.  I really hope we are able to find a little more before the end of the season.  This small batch today may provide enough for three meals.  Super fresh and super tasty.  Cheryl thinks it taste better than real chicken!  We also found some Jack-o-lanterns in our very own park.  We have never found them before, so I'm sure the rain helped the fruit up overnight. 

After our run this morning,  ( Cheryl ran 7 miles!  Yeah!) We came home to sew up 4 more stockings.  A few everyday during the month of September is a blessing.   And having only 4, it was easy to knock them out in very little time. 

I should mention that it rained yesterday.   All of my previous chalk art was washed away and I can start anew!  Today, I tackled something a little out of my comfort zone.   A request from one of the many park admirers:  The Mandalorian! 

Really only three colors:  Black, white and gray.   ( Not counting baby Yoda...)  I think it turned out better than I was expecting.  I hope the guy who requested it gets to see it before the kids or parks people destroy it with bike tires, mowers, or gold carts.  

A few of the "apprentices" came in while I was working on it.  Unfortunately, they could not help me on this one.  But,  I gave them the chalk to draw a Pokemon.  I think they did pretty good.   The Girls ( Lilly and Meredith) brought their cousins and their aunt to the show for a little help.   I'm glad they still think drawing on the sidewalk is still fun. And I think they are improving!  Maybe next year they will be able to solo projects in the park alongside mine.  

Just a quick post.. So I should probably end it there... Before I babble on and make it a "long Post"  Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I have a Mandalorian! I have no idea if he was a good or bad guy but the action figure is pretty neat!

I found an old Hen of the Woods and I think Shrimp of the Woods today?
Still not comfortable yet eating some of these wild things. I have made many veggie meals out of nettles, wild parsnip, and milkweed shoots...so I wonder why I fear the mushroom?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails