Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Sometimes Lightning Strikes Only Once....

Yesterday was a great day for doing chalk art in the park.  I got several families and clusters of kids to help with the Pokemon creatures.   Together, we were able to almost completely fill in one of the Shuffleboard  areas..  I even stayed longer than I was planning on, because the kids kept asking for another creature. 

 

Now you would think that we could get a repeat of that day, since most of the people wanted to know if I was going to be out there today.   And I was!  However...

Kids get bored very easily.   Granted, not all of the kids that helped yesterday were present.    And the ones that did show up had trouble focusing on the simple tasks.   They wanted to do EVERYTHING all at the same time.  Basically.. chaos.  

Having no kids of my own, I can only wonder how parents deal with these little moments.  Well,  technically, I know how MY Mom would have dealt with things. ( Dad was a little more diplomatic...) But I would like to think not every parent had the same violent tactic.  Eric and I quickly learned to avoid "Adults" if we wanted to have  fun.  ( Not counting fishing with Dad, that was almost always a good time. And usually not violent.) 

But it does cause me hesitation now for going down to the park for chalk drawing.   I had been avoiding the kids up to this point.   Eventually, I figured if they "helped" me, it would be better than letting them stare at me and learn nothing.  I probably thought that they would learn the "tricks" and draw some of their own stuff.
But,  I imagine kids are a lot like electricity.  It can be productive at time...  Shocking during others.  It makes me realize parents have the toughest job in the world.   ( and so do electricians....) 

Well, it is scheduled to rain on Friday.   And we are heading to another race.. somewhere for the weekend.  So that means that there will be plenty of break time between  "kid encounters."  Perhaps keeping a little bit of distance is a good thing for the immediate future.  There are plenty of other places that are not in the park, where I can draw and doodle.   And if the kids take over the Park with their artwork, that might not entirely be a bad thing.  

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Somebody probably gave those kids cookies:) Nice art work!!

Val Ewing said...

Kids are kids. But I've learned while with them in a much different situation that all I had to do was sit back and watch.
Doing projects together always morphs into something different.
When I tried to show an 8 year old how to paint a face on a pumpkin, he promptly painted his pumpkin pure black and then glued sequins on it.
His vision, not mine!
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails