Thursday, October 1, 2020

And Then The Kids Gave Me This...

Cold Mornings For Running.

For the last three days, it has rained in the morning.  I wake up believing my latest chalk drawings have been washed away.  Thankfully,   the rain is brief and the murals have held on for at least another 24 hours.   

It has also become rather brisk and overcast.  Normally I enjoy staying out of the sun, but with the colder temps, I welcome the sunbeam's warmth.   I mention all of this because,  Today, I almost decided to call it for the day and go home.  It was so cold and windy,  I kept my coat on the entire time!   


A Kitten under a Bench.

But I did draw a few of the easier/smaller things.   I have had a long haired cat I wanted to do for a week now, but always manage to push it back in the queue.    I figured I would do a small one, and evaluate my mood.  

My attempt at a Purple Tree on a Cliff.

But after a while, you get into things and decide to try something else.   My disaster of a tree. 

I should have made the sky a different color.

 I really should have selected a different color scheme for this one... But I wanted a purple tree on a cliff!   Sometimes you have to do things to realize they are wrong.  


And then,  the Daycare supervisor asked me to do something near the daycare center.  ( A stones throw away from the area I was near.)   That actually gave me a little bit of  Motivation!  I decided to do the Cat again, only a little larger and with  different colors.  Thankfully, it was "nap time" so I did not have to bother the kids. ( or have them bother me!) 
The Kids gave me a "Thank You" card.

I was nearly finished when the staff presented me with a "Thank You" card from the kids!   What do ya think about that?   They covered it with stickers and 'Signed it" with their hand prints.   How fun!  

Each Kid Signed the card
with their handprints.

Well... this now motivates me to find something else to put near their Daycare in the future.  Provided it does not rain anymore.  

The Cat in front of the Daycare.   The 
Little Girl told us all about the artist.

On our evening walk,  Cheryl and I watched a bunch of people stopping to look at the previous drawings.   and by the time I got to the Daycare, a little girl was gushing all over how "an Artist: came and drew this cat on their steps today.  I don't think she knew it was from me. ( Which is so cool!) Cheryl had to smile.  

Can you see the Dragonfly in this Picture?

The tomatoes continue to grow and I have found nearly half a dozen tomato Horn Worms on the plants.   They grew so fast I think they have morphed into cocoons by now.  I could not find any  more this morning.  Even so, we have so many tomatoes now that I figured I would let the bugs have as much as they want. 

Five-Spotted Hawk moth..
Tomatoe Horn Worm Adult.
Very Striking and pretty! 

They are predicting frost in the near future, and I will probably be forced to take the remaining plants down then.  Many of the other folks in the neighborhood have already turned over their gardens for the season.   in the mean time, I will hope to gather a few more before that happens for me.    Happy Thursday!  Thanks for stopping in. 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I knew you would be famous before long! How wonderful is that...those kids appreciated you and your art work! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails