Thursday, October 8, 2020

It's Thursday Already?

Time goes By ....
 Where did the week go!   Such nice weather!  Such peaceful moments!   Funny how time slips by at break-neck speed when you have the freedom to enjoy it.   I should have blogged yesterday, but by the time I remembered, it was already sort of late.  

Like an unstoppable train!
But I'm here now... waiting on Subie's Rear Wheel alignment results.  Hopefully nothing else is bad and we can get the funny road noise to disappear with a routine wheel alignment.   In the mean time, I'm stuck at home, waiting for a phone call to tell us what the deal will be.  Might as well be productive and blog a bit. 
Cheryl running in Muscatine. 

A Great Pumpkin Fest Mural
The last couple days have been fairly routine.   Running, stockings, and if time allows,  a little bit of Chalk in the park.   However,  I moved some of my "activities" to the downtown area.  

The Lighting could be better.
 The City Staff seem to be enjoying my seasonal graffiti and have asked me to come downtown to spice up the Halloween season.  It currently looks like the Halloween festivities are going to be canceled this year,  but many of the people still want to show off a little holiday spirit.   It sounded like a welcome enough invitation. 

My little cluster of Monsters.
I didn't want to go too scary.  Cheryl suggested A "Great Pumpkin" themed one.   The sidewalk was great to work on, but the lighting for the finished photo  is terrible!  I took pictures in the evening AND this morning...  No luck.  

Even in the morning,  lighting is still bad. 
The city staff have also contributed by painting some of the windows of the local shops.   I thought most of he downtown shops were closed.   They certainly look like they are closed most of the time.   But while drawing up my monster themed mural,  The downtown area was surprisingly active.  I guess people do enter those shops from time to time.  
I hope it is not too scary.

The next challenge is trying to make chalk colors that work.  I guess they technically work a little, but I still want more vibrant colors.   Cheryl purchased some paint and plaster for me.   Now I simply have to figure out what proportions work best.    It will give me something to play around with on those days I cant get out there and make something.  

The cats brought me a 
live gift.  He looks dead,
but I assure you, he ran away
just fine. 

Beautiful weather makes for fun outdoor 
activity. 

So that is all.   Hope everyone is having a fine week so far.   The weather has certainly been pleasant and every "Fall Like" lately.  Cool morning and warm evenings.  Autumn is the Best time for outdoor activities.   Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great festive chalk drawings! I bet they spruced the area up a bit! Lovely weather this week!! :)

Val Ewing said...

Far Side of Fifty said I should drop by and visit! Glad I did! Beautiful artwork. No way can I even attempt to draw more than stick figures.
Hope the Subie news turned out well.
We are on our 3rd Subie,...we call ours The 'Ru.
Have a wonderful weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails