Saturday, October 17, 2020

Things I should have Blogged About This Week, But Didn't.

 Call it a "catch all" for the week. Little stories that did not make the final director's cut for the Great Stage Play that is my life...   So let us begin. 

Chalk drawing before rain. 

The last two days have been cold and rainy.   Not good news for the Chalk industry.  So,  Today I organized my chalk and will set it aside for the day.  The temps are supposed to dip below freezing and hang out in the 40's for the majority of next week.   "Art in the Park" is sure to suffer the hit... 

Chalk drawing After the rain. 



Unless we get one of those "freak" Iowa summer days in winter. ( It happens!  70 degrees in December or January.) 

My Tomato Horn Worm "Pets". 
Note the tiny black scars on one of them.




Rescuing the Tomato Worms!   I thought the Tomato horn worms were going to make it this year without those little wasps parasites  killing them off.   We had two warm-ish days and BOOM!  White eggs on the caterpillars.  I brushed all of them off and tried to save the worms from more infestations, but it appears I was to late for several of the larvae.  Before any more fell prey, I plucked them off the plants and brought them inside.  I figured with the growing season coming to a close, 

Horn Worm with Parasites.

I could pull off a few branches of tomato plant each day and give them what they require.   At the very least, they will be safe from the wasps.   I managed to find three that still had a little life left in them.   One looks like it will make it easy.  Another one still has some pep in him, even though he has the wasp scars.    The third one is looking pretty bad.  He is still alive, but might not make it.  I'll keep an eye out and hope for the best.  

Rocket and Oreo.  They are NOT our cats.
Rocket "helping." 

The cats are becoming shop cats!   The two neighbor cats have been showing up and hanging out while Cheryl and I work on the stockings.   Oreo does not like being inside, so he hangs just outside my window while I sew on the buttons. 

Rocket and Hiro 

 

Rocket takes over. 

Is this a painting of Me? 
Is this a painting of 
Rocket?

 Rocket, however,  has to be part of everything.  He check out my sewing, checks out Cheryl's paintings, and lays around the living room when the jobs are all done.  I think Hiro enjoys the company.  




Cheryl paintings in the Soap Shop. 




Cheryl has taken up Painting!   Mostly as background for her soap photos.  She tries to find a theme for the flavor or soap and paint a background that matches it.  Throw in a few blurry props and Ta Da!  You have a visual for the kind of soap you will be purchasing.  It also keeps her busy so she does not go crazy with boredom.  The Creative Mind has to constantly be occupied with tasks to keep sharp and alive.  Thankfully, I have the chalk art.  But as those days become fewer,  I will have to find another hobby to keep my mind busy.   Lucky for both of us,  the stocking shop is beginning to pick up.  Once that ball gets rolling,  we will both be simply looking for any down time we can find.  

Running at the Trail and Muscatine. 
Cheryl runs... On the Plain, Near a Train,  
and in the Rain.... How insane!

Cheryl Continues to Run!  Through wind and rain and any other harsh weather condition.. Cheryl runs.   And drags me along behind her.   I should note that despite the harsh wind,  the autumn color has managed to reach a pleasant state here in Iowa.  Normally the leaves barely change color and a high wind blows them all down.  

Fall Flowers in Bloom. 

 

Cheryl runs by in Muscaine. 

You get one or two days of enjoyment.. Tops!   But this year has been different.  I'm waiting for the Neighbor's Ginko trees to turn that bright yellow again.  Last year, the frost killed them while they were still green.   The flowers also continue to bloom.   Just when you thought most of the flowers were done,  along comes a few places that surprise you. 

Time to Be like Rocket.  Inside. 

Other than that,  Cheryl and I are taking it easy today.  Well, It seems I am at least.  Cheryl is surrounded by jewelry making stuff on the Livingroom floor.   She just finished the last three soap pictures for her shop and is now killing time working on some new Jewelry Idea.   Lucky her!  I have nothing to look forward too except posting this massive blog entry.  

Oreo Relaxes outside. 



The Sun taunts me every time I settle inside.   But if I go outside, it clouds up and begins to drizzle.   Evil weather.  Well the joke is on mother nature, because I was not feeling inspired today anyway.  AND  I get to add another post to the blog with all those pictures I have been saving on my computer.     Thanks for stopping in and enduring  it.  


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The soap looks very interesting! Nice artwork Cheryl! :)

Val Ewing said...

A note of interest! I have only used store bought soap for one year, when I ran out of the homemade stuff and didn't have a local contact for soap. We made ours with goat milk way back ..when! Now I get some from a local goat lady and a close friend. There IS nothing like hand made soap!
The art work is beautiful both of Cheryl's and yours.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What beautiful work !
I wish I had the talent for art, like you do, your drawings are stunning.
Hope you are staying well, in these surreal times.
Hugs,
~Jo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails