Wednesday, April 18, 2018

MediaCom Irritation!

A quick blog post for my future self who reads this to alert and remind myself that this has happened before.

Here is the Gist...  MediaCom has been cutting our service for the past 4 weeks.   ( Roughly every Thursday or Friday.   To be fair...  it is not MediaCom.  But rather, their little techies that hook people up.   They show up and randomly disconnect you, causing 5-6 days of trouble.  The Center in Iowa City, does not like their product interrupted, so why would they disconnect us?  PAYING CUSTOMERS!?!?!

After grilling the guy the last time this happened,  I learned how to reattach the cable and solve the problem so I would not have to waste 5-6 days waiting for the tech who is extorting us to return.   (Deep Breath!)

But he does continue to return...  Until we call the company and schedule a "Tech Support" visit...  where he gets paid.   It is the perfect crime!  Done out in the open, in broad daylight, and no one knows that it is the Tech who is doing the sabotage.  Except for  me....

So last week,  he actually cut the cable.   SNIP!   With the end of the cable physically cut off,  I was not able to easily reattach it like I normally would do.   So I had to whip out my MyGyver tools and do what the tech is "supposed" to do.

Finally, today, the scheduled appointment came through and the company sent the guy out.  He knew just what to do...  surprise surprise!   However, he did not physically hook up our cable.   So I had to actually do the physical attachment once again.  And this time,  he left me a note!

We will call the Police!


I know Cheryl is ready!

Is this guy for real?    I showed Cheryl and she told me to put it back.    I was thinking of adding on to it :   "We'll call the Police too!"    But Cheryl does not want to rock the boat.   What can I say about that?
An alternative to Cable?  With less Harassment?






So we finally have cable again.   And they are still employed by us.  For now.   I want to switch to Satellite Dish. Perhaps I will do a little research.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I would call the company or write a letter to each and every shareholder/mucky muck involved in that company. Up here we have a whistle blower hotline that one of the TV channels has and they will investigate and report on such rip offs. Never shut up...how many people are they doing this to??? :(

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Sadly. Everyone in this town. Over 80% of the town is on the phone network for their internet. no one has anything good o say about the cable company here. We are looking for alternatives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails