Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Subie Hits 300,000!

Tomorrow is my Birthday.   But enough about me....  Subie, my beloved Silver Bullet Chariot of Fire,  Hit the 300,000 Mile Mark today!   That's like 3 Million in Dog Years....
Now I know there are some of you thinking that upon crossing that threshold,  The engine overheated, the battery died, and all four tires went flat.   But this is a Subaru...Not a(n) ( insert random American car here.)  It is a Major Accomplishment for any car....  But Subaru has set the expectation bar pretty high.  This will be the Second Subaru I have owned to get over 300,000 miles.    Time for a Celebration!



How does one celebrate this Milestone with a car?   Should we buy cake?   Icecream?   An Oil change?  Perhaps some premium gasoline...   Or maybe something more lasting and durable...  Like Subaru Badges!

Like Cheryl,  Subie likes to collect badges and trinkets when he achieves something note worthy.  But Subie does not have a vanity wall of his achievements.   (unlike Cheryl...)   So we have to go with the kind of badges that are worn every day.   Behold!   The Subaru Badges of Ownership!

Like my blog,   Cheryl manages to influence everything...  even it it is mostly unintended.   So,   for Subie,  in addition to making the correction of our 4th Subaru.... (not our second.) We have added a few other badges to the mix.    There were a couple of bike badges (Mostly  for me.... But Cheryl bikes now as well.) And all those running badges:   A runner,  13.1 half marathon, and of course...26.2 Full Marathon.  (Hmm... Wonder how those badges got in there.....)



And finally.... 300,000 miles!    Subaru does not make a 400,000 mile badge.( yet!)  So it is possible that there may not be a way to celebrate that moment when it arrives. 


Other than that,   I should note that the internet has been very picky this last week.   I can't get online and Cheryl manages to download only a few things on her tablet.  The service says we have only used .01% of our total 10gigs....but it also says that the service and the phone are not always in sinc with the amount of data used.

  Good thing I was not relying on the internet for anything this week. ( except blogging....)   Still,   I fall behind on all of the exciting things we have done this week.  Mostly run and bike in Muscatine and the Kewash trail. 

I have a bunch of pictures, but now have to wait for them to download.   I may not be able to show them all... and most of them are "more of the same stuff..."   So it is not a big deal.

Hopefully I will be able to post this and show off the Awesome Silver Bullet Subaru with all this bling and mile markers.   Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails