Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The Painting Of The Bathroom.

 We are Finally finished with the 100% Inventory at the warehouse.   Well,  technically,  there are a few hold overs cleaning things up, but I'm not one of them!  And so they have given us the remainder of the week off ( with pay!)  and some of them do not have to show up until February!  

But not me.   I have to show up next Monday for orientation for the new and improved Zebra take over.   I guess I was a "priority" for some reason.   Meaning:  I have to actually work, while many of my co-workers are sitting back, getting paid, and do not have to actually come in for another month.  

Well, what can you do?   Life is not fair.  But we soldier on. 

In the mean time,   what did I do with my day off?   Projects!

I folded some Origami and also volunteered my primitive painting services to Dave.  HE has been prepping for a house painting party one of these days, and I offered to start with the bathroom that I use.   I mean... It's a bathroom!   Smallest room in the house!   How difficult could it be? 

Turns out... kind of a big job.   Dave had a bunch of meetings and things, so I was mostly solo for the entire day.  But one of the challenges that I quickly discovered was that the ceiling is very, VERY high.   And this is not a small bathroom in a small apartment in Wellman.   But...  Painting is a lot like riding a bike.   Or something like that.  

After watching a YouTube video on taping up edges,  I set out to remove anything off the wall that could be pulled out.  Then I taped up all of the edges.  Apparently, for a clean line,  you have to paint the tape and edges first.   And I did that.   But I don't really know how well it helped in the end.  

The color was also an issue.   Terracotta orange was a beast to prime over.   IN the end, it took 4 coats to completely cover that color.  And I had to bring in chairs to stand on so I could reach the top layers.   I used a broom handle for the ceiling.  

In the end,  I finished it and reassembled the toilet and all of the wall mounts.  I think it turned out ok, but will require a bit of touch ups where the tape pulled off some paint.  

But as for now... it is late and I'm happy I now have a functioning bathroom to use tonight.  And I do feel a sense of accomplishment.    I will reward myself by being a bum tomorrow... and possibly refolding a couple of failures for Origami time.  

So just wanted to blog tonight.   Because I actually had something to blog about.  And the time to do it.   Hope everyone is having a great week so far.   and thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Nice job! Painting those edges are really hard. I've had to re do most of our house and need to update our bathroom.
I certainly wouldn't choose that orange, it looks really great.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I see the orange painters we not nearly as precise as you:) It looks great and bathrooms are the hardest to paint....especially covering a dark color:)

L. D. said...

Hang in there. The older I get the more stressful painting seems to be. We have been in our house five years now and I am hoping we can put off changing colors for a few more years. We didn't pick the colors of the house except for repainting the bedroom, changing a vibrant yellow green to a pastel gray blue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails