Saturday, April 15, 2023

Adventures With Dave! Floor Duty...

 A quick blog because it is getting late.   And lately, I have had very little to blog about...  So.   Here we go. 

Dave shampooed the carpeting today.  It has been almost a year since he did it last and a few of the heavy traffic areas have been looking rough.   But... with a little help from me... He managed to get most of the spots up and at least dampen the traffic areas to where they will almost look unnoticeable.... Under the coffee table.  Hey!  A little bit of creative furniture arrangement can do wonders for the place.   It can also hide stubborn high traffic stains. 

And stubborn is the word!  I went over it a second and third time and the dark areas remain.  My answer would be for Dave to get better carpeting. (one with texture and color mottling.)  White carpet is for high maintenance people with deep wallets and huge bank accounts. Or a serious case of OCD!  How else would you keep such a shade unblemished?

The sunrises have been wonderful each morning as I head to work. Currently, the sunrises are timed perfectly with my arrival, and I get to enjoy them as the sun peeks over he horizon. 

And lastly,  I ran 12 miles today.   And I ache all over. I didn't pay much attention to the time.   And I did not walk....  But I will say I did run rather slow to make sure I had enough gas in the tank to make it.  

Next weekend,  Cheryl and I are running in Cincinnati Ohio. She is running the marathon while I run the half.   I would be lying if I did not say I am a little scared.   My primary goal will be to finish.  And my secondary goal will be to get under 2 hours... somehow.   (I don't know,  Maybe an Uber will feel pity on me and offer me a ride to the finish line.)   But my overall goal is not to get hurt or die.   And before you ask:  "13.1 miles.  How hard can it be?"   Bear in mind I just ran 12 and feel like crap!   I may be able to roll over the last mile if my legs give out, but it will not be a fun experience.  

And there it is.   A fairly typical Saturday, except the the weather was wonderful and I ran 12 grueling miles!   Time to sit back and relax as I head off to sleep early tonight.  Tomorrow is a new day!  And hopefully, I will be able to walk into it.   

Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Rest up so you can give that run a good try!

Val Ewing said...

Yep, do some rest and recovery and you should be able to do it! Hopefully you will have great weather for it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails