Saturday, May 16, 2020

Running, Folding, And Bird Watching...

More running and more origami!  That pretty much sums up our lives these days.    With no racing on the calender,  we have decided to set our own goals...Namely,  Cheryl wants to see if she can match that 100 mile week we had a few weeks ago.




 So far, she is up to 52 miles running and I think over 40 miles of biking.   So... unless tomorrow is a total flub,  we should be able to fill out the difference.

Fact#1.  The Won't stand Still for
a Picture!
Running along the Mississippi and along he Kewash trail,  we have seen a few wildlife sightings.   The Orioles and so many Indigo Buntings this year!    I have yet to capture the Indigos because  they refuse to stand still for my limited, out of focus camera phone.  But they are very numerous this year compared to last year.


These Orioles were playing around in a tree and I somehow managed to capture both of them.



As for he Origami... My finished Darth Vader Helmet is now being shown at the Local Casey's.   They have a Dollar Bill collection on permanent display.    I also added a Yoda to the mix, but forgot to take its picture before handing it off to them.   Ah well,  this one I stole off the internet is pretty much just like the One I folded...

Other Star Wars Origami requires more money than we currently have... so I decided to make some!   Is that wrong?   It is just for folding after all... No one is going to buy anything with it.



Fixing the Money Problem....
That is a joke!   ( FBI and NSA that is using Google to Spy on me.....  A joke!)  The Origami Book I purchased a while ago had "Practice Money" to  practice fold.  The problem is that the paper is JUNK!    It tears and rips after only a few steps in.   SO I had to "improve it" with my magical mastery of Paper making skills.  So far, things are looking good!   I have a serious project that looks like it will take me a few days to complete.   So far the "improved money" is working out.   I'm very excited if it turns out as pictured in the book.   I will have to show that one off when it is completed.

Gelato...  What next?
Installing the Shop Window
Other than that,  they replaced our Window today,  Cheryl baked a Smoked Trout Tart.  ( it is awesome)   And She has been working on Hot Fudge... and will soon be branching out into Gelato. This means we will have to increase the 100 mile bike/run weeks to 200 very, very soon!   I wonder if I will ever gain my will power back....

Enjoy the Great Outdoors!  
Or enjoy Protesting for Freedom...as
long as you are able to get outside.

Hope everyone is having a great Weekend so far.   If you are in one of those states that is allowing freedom and life to take place,  We hope you are able o get out there and enjoy the great outdoors.  If not...  Well,  you may have to attend a Protest as your only way to get outside...  Be sure to make your signs bright and colorful for the cameras!    Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I haven't tried Gelato but I am sure anything Cheryl makes is yummy! We are opening partially tomorrow...we choose to stay home yet:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails