Saturday, May 30, 2020

Two Great Days In A Row! In Muscatine!

Trying out the New Nike Shoes. 
Fine day in Muscatine. 
 And by "Great"  I mean:  65 degrees and partly cloudy.  Just like the entire Summer in Alaska!   Perfect conditions for biking... which is what I do most of the time.   And "Almost" perfect conditions for running...  which is what Cheryl does.

Biking in Kewash/ 
10 Miles Complete!  Hot Dash
Virtual race Complete! 

We spent both days in Muscatine, because the river called us.. and we did not want to go to Iowa City again.   Cheryl finally was able to wear her new shoes.   And they matched her outfit... which is always a good thing.




Cheryl earned her Hot Dash Shirt
(And Medal) 
After each day... we head to the Kewash trail to bike our 10 miles.   Which, I have to say... is not getting any easier.  Perhaps it is the aging process... or the endless baked good.  Or the fact that my Bike broke again!   I had to spend the evening fixing the bearing in the collar.   I had a feeling it was a little loose to begin with, but it turns out to be totally broke!   I will now have to search for a permanent solution, since I think World of Bikes is probably closed.
Hangin' near the Clammer. 

Day two in Muscatine. 
But today all things went well.  Another pleasant day.  Another trip to Muscatine.   We love Muscatine.   Perhaps it is the river therapy that the Mississippi offers.   Or maybe the possibility of spotting a passing white pelican.  Who knows.   All I know is the bike worked after I gerry rigged it with salvaged bearings and a few steel shot BB's.



Pelican on the river. 
Cheryl relaxes with a Diet Coke. 
It even managed to survive the Kewash trail.   (Another 10 miles)  I'm beginning to hurt all over!  My ankle and knees ache.  My elbows and wrists hurt.   Perhaps it is the aging Process... or the fact that I'm out of shape.. ( Or in a shape I do not want to be in..)   Bottom line.   Cheryl has run 39 miles this week!  And I think we biked at least 10-8 miles every day.  I  know we biked in the rain... so I can't remember if we skipped a day.   That puts us around 60 miles of biking...  So tomorrow we might be able to break the 100 mile mark for the week.   It certainly feels like we have already done it.
Over 100 miles of Physical
activity... and it feels like it! 

Hope everyone is having a fine weekend so far.   Avoid cities,  get outside, and try to breath in that wonderful, clean air!  Thanks for stopping in.


2 comments:

Jon said...

I'm glad you're enjoying some nice days. After nearly three months of endless rain, we are finally having a dry weekend here in TN. But it was chilly last night - 49 degrees.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow you guys are awesome biking that many miles!! Love Cheryls shoes that match!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails