Sunday, May 24, 2020

With A Threat of Tornadoes....

Biking on the trail.
Running on the Trail. 
I have not blogged for a couple days, and I was beginning to miss it.   But how many different ways can you write about running and biking each day.  I figured I had to write something for Memorial day, even if there were no dead people to see or friends to BBQ with. 

Check out that sun!  Happy Happy
Sun! 
Nice day in Muscatine. 
I guess the only interesting thing to note was we went to Muscatine a couple days ago and go one of those Emergency Tornado warnings.  It was fun, because we could see the dark clouds heading east towards Davenport as we were heading home.  We did not even get rained on.  I'm not sure if there was any touchdown or hail to cause damage.   I am sure we would have heard about it if there had been  a disaster...  Unless the Pandemic trumped that headline as well.
Dark clouds to the North.  Heading
towards Davenport.

Dark clouds... again!

Otherwise,    Running, biking, rinse and repeat.   The weather has certainly warmed up with plenty of Humidity.   Cheryl's runs are becoming more and more difficult as the Summer Heats up.    But it is pleasant to bike in the evening!  As long as the bugs ( gnats, black flies, etc...) are dispersed by the wind.... And there are no new Tornadoes to worry about.

Another Storms a-brewin' !
7 mile run in the heat. 

Tornadoes are kind of a thing here in Iowa.   All those years in Michigan and we never really saw one.  ( ok, once... maybe... over Holland Michigan.) It was not until we left Michigan that one blew through Cheryl's old neighborhood.   But in Iowa,   there is definitely a possibility.
Dust Devil. 


I failed to mention it, but last week sometime, we saw our first "Dust Devil" whipping up a bunch of corn stalks high into the air.   Never saw those before in Michigan either.  It was pretty cool.  Too bad I did not have my camera ready.

Cheryl's Motto.
Other than that,   Cheryl continues to struggle with Ice cream...  Making it that is.   The Gelato was kind of disappointing, but she has moved on to Ice cream now and it is far more rewarding.   The only down side is eating it... and if you do the math,  that means we have to run/bike the same distances we have been doing every day, plus an additional 3000 miles!  I don't know if there are enough hours in the day to burn off that many calories!   And I certainly know it takes every drop of my motivation to exercise as much as we currently do.  Perhaps she should not chase this ice cream science too far for the time being.

And finally,  My latest Origami Stop Motion.   I wanted to do something a little more complex, so naturally, insects came to mind.   I should have selected something a little simpler.  Then again,  most Origami Insect models are fairly complex.  Enjoy the video and have a wonderful Memorial Weekend!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute beetle:) Yes I read at larrys blog that the sirens went off. Warmish and humid here today we need rain. What kind of ice cream is Cheryl making? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails