Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My New Favorite Origami Frog.

I'm not sure why, but I got on a frog kick lately. I'm not sure what caused the diversion, but I was just fooling around with a frog design I had in my head with a scrap piece of paper and boom! I have created a frog that I can't stop admiring! The pictures don't really do it justice, but somehow I managed to create a tongue that curls up. It is not quite long enough to reach over his eye, but I am so pleased with the final design that I simply can't stop looking at it. I'm sure I could fold another one and it would look slightly different. What gets me is that it was a scrap piece of paper I was going to throw away. Now I don't want to part with it ( as I do most of my other sculptures.) Well that motivated me to work on another frog ( toad) that turned out pretty cool as well. I have been taking existing patterns and messing with then a little to give a standing crane feet, or a frog design toes or eyes where the pattern does not call for them. The technique is called "grafting". I have been reading up on it from Robert Lang's book. It's fun! Because all those other patterns now take on a new life. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Cheryl and I have been running out of felt and now await another resupply. Summer feels like it has arrived suddenly! Time to get out those summer shirts!

1 comment:

L. D. said...

Hey these are all cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails