Saturday, September 16, 2017

A Saturday Without A Farmer's Market.

Not this Week anyway, 
Cheryl wants to RUN!
After last weeks disappointing performance,  Cheryl decided we had better take a week off from the farmers market.  Not because we don't need the money.   (Although that would have been a nice reason.)   But rather because we needed a break from heartbreak..   for a little while anyway.


Run Forest Run! 
So to cheer herself up.   Cheryl decided to go for a run.    Only to discover that she is still broken.   And thus...bringing on further disappointment.  Only this time, in a new area of life.
Better save first,   In case things don't turn out. 

Too bad life is not a video game where you can go back to your last save.  Wouldn't that be nice. No wonder the Simulations are so popular these days.
Iowa City Trail

Kind of a nice day.
The running has been "ok"  I guess.   She runs about three miles and takes a couple of days off between them.
  At the very least she is able to finish the goals she sets for herself.   Her plans are to go to the Quad Cities Marathon and beg to be downgraded to the 5K.   ( I guess they allow that quite often.)
Cheryl gets Giddy.
So she will at the very least get a medal and run a race she had scheduled before the injury.  I'm all about salvaging the money already invested.  Call me frugal.
Origami Pegasus anyone?


As for me,   I have been playing around with Origami. The fish have been tiring me out lately,  so I have been taking a stab at some different models I discovered that the paper makes a HUGE difference.  If only I had realized this before hand.

Well,  technically, I DID know.  I simply had no understanding how to correct for it.  Or how to make my paper this way.  (Technically, I'm still on the learning curve...)   The origami Pegasus gives me a little confidence to try more complex models.   We shall see what I come up with.
I'll need to put these guys in water soon

Hops are Happenin'!  
So that is all for now.  One good thing about running again is that we get to visit the Hops.   They will last maybe another couple weeks.   The tips of the cones are already becoming brown.
Once they get over half way,  I hear they are no longer usable.   Not that I was going to brew up any beer anyway.  But I will not have much to look forward too on the runs after that.  No more berries or fruit trees.  I guess they is always the wildlife and butterflies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails