Monday, December 5, 2022

The Great Wisconsin Superbowl Showdown! With A Chili Chrismas.

 Yesterday  was a big day here on the border land of Kenosha. So big that you might have thought it was the Superbowl!    The Green Bay Packers played  against the Chicago Bears.    And the entire event was watched by a mixed crowd at the Starlight Club. 

And to kick off the event... There was a Chili Cook off!

I was invited to this event... Even though I do not care much about either team.  Or Football.... OR SPORTS for that matter.   But I do love Chili. And with so many different versions to choose from, I was bound to find one a liked. 

And I did!   #6 was the perfect combination of thickness, sweetness,  heat and flavor.   #7 was a close second with a thick consistency, several types and cuts of mean, and a more savory flavor with mild heat.  

I think there might have been more than 20 entries... And I was unable to sample them all.   But in the end,  # 6 and #7 were winners for the people's choice and the judges overall favorite.  One of the first people I ever met in Kenosha was one of the winners.  

Needless to say, I ate way too much chili.   But what a bargain!   $4 for a beer and a bottomless bowl for a chili buffet!  How awesome was that!

Well, the Packers managed to win the game in the end.   But I left just before the game sealing touchdown. It mattered not to me, because I had already enjoyed most of the event already.  

Upon getting home,   Dave and Christina stormed my peaceful basement digs by rummaging around for Christmas decorations.  I was recruited to help with some furniture moving and Christmas Tree Maintenance.   Mostly, I stayed out of the way while singing Christmas songs off the radio and taking pictures of the happy duo as they struggles with crooked trees, vertically challenged wreathes, and light bulb  issues.  

Ladybird also watched the episode with amusement.  

 In the end,   A little Christmas Cheer has arrived at the Pagel residence.   And I get the feeling the season will be hitting its stride very soon.   I hope everyone enjoyed their Monday today.   I wanted to get this post out  there before heading to bed, because it was a wonderful day yesterday.   Thanks for stopping in.

OH!  And The Origami Tree won  1st place in Kalona.   Yeah Origami!  












2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

That Origami tree is so unique it had to win!

Oh football? Gosh, we don't watch it any more either, but if there is a reason to have a chili cook off??? Go!
Time for decorating!

Have a great week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Congrats on the win! Sounds like the chili cookoff was a good activity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails