Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Day Three in Arkansas! 4 Days 'Till the Marathon.

Today in our exploration of Arkansas... We visited downtown Little Rock!  I would say, it was a pretty good day.  

First up!  Cheryl, Mike and Pam all went out of run along the Arkansas River...Leaving me behind to sleep in and eat a bunch of breakfast.  I know, I know!  Just because I left my bike at home, I have to enjoy the sweet taste of additional  slumber and fresh breakfast in the Hotel Lobby.   Ah well, I will survive.   'Cause,  I'm a survivor!

I knew there were Cannibals here!

Later, we all packed into Mikes Truck and hit the downtown area.   The plan was to visit some stores and possibly do some shopping.  ( For souvenirs, I guess?)   But as luck would have it,  all there was in the downtown area of Little Rock were Food Joints!  

We finally found a touristy thing to do... explore a WWII Submarine!  But the place was closed.   We did manage to climb on the deck gun, like a bunch of grade-schoolers,  and pose for some pictures.  

There were also a large number of sculptures and murals along the way.  More than I could possibly post here in this blog.  Besides, Many of he Murals were pretty weathered.  Perhaps it is time for the City to commission a few artist to repaint some of the surfaces...  Maybe, ( just a suggestion here...) with some new themes!  Change things up and add some spice!   Artists are really good at that.

I should also note that the flowering trees are coming out this week.  Especially since it climbed up to the upper 70's this afternoon.  ( This does not bode well for Race day... But there is still time for a miracle.)   The warmer temps even brought out the Butterflies!   We saw a Mourning Cloak fly by this morning,  and a bunch of others on the side of a building!

Masks?  Still required!  Why?

I will skip the boring lunch visit and sum it up as a disaster.   Small disaster, but still not a fun experience.   Our dinner visit at the Texas Road House was a far different story.   The food was great, the people were awesome, and the atmosphere was top notch.   We are planning ( maybe) to go there again.  Mostly because Mike did not like his picture  that some random stranger took of him.  Note to self:  Don't let random strangers take pictures of you.  There is a very good possibility that they will take pictures of your feet.  Or  Make you look 30 lbs fatter!  ( in my case:  50lbs!)  

Tomorrow is a new day and I will have to follow the group on whatever they plan.  Another trail walk?  Another shopping trip?  Perhaps  a riverside adventure!  It is anyone's guess.   Bottom line:  The Free days are passing by and the Marathon Cloud is looming up ahead.   By Friday, everyone will have their Game Face on.... Except me. I'll be sleeping in and enjoying some bagels with Creme Cheese!   Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Warm weather and sunshine it all sounds good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails