Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Absolutely Fabulous Flying Fur Run....

That is correct!  Today was a day for the Dogs!   (In more than one way...More on that later.)  At 1 PM today,  the Flying Pig Marathon threw in a race for people who had dogs.   Two miles of Slobbery, Tail wagging, Canine goodness! Imagine you are a person who enjoys running.  And then imagine you're also a person who loves Dogs!   Now combine those two themes and you can imagine just where I was this afternoon.   

The dogs were from just about every breed and breed combination you could imagine.   Every shape and size were present.  I got to pet a lot of them.  And I took so many pictures I almost melted down my camera. Good thing I got all of those "other pictures" from this morning off of there, otherwise I might not have had enough memory.

The dogs where fast, too!   The winner completed the 2 miles in just under 10 minutes!  It must be nice having four legs.  I can only imagine it helps when chasing a PR for a distance.   

But before you get too excited, there were plenty of slower dogs coming across at more realistic times.  You could see the change somewhere along the way when the dogs stopped pulling their owners, and instead, the owners were pulling the dogs across the finish line.  But at least it appeared everyone had a good time.  

I feel like  there is something else I missed today.   Something I should mention  on the blog....

Well,  There certainly are a LOT of dog pics and videos.   I probably should try to select the best ones so folks don't get too bored. Mastiffs, Greyhounds, Great Danes,  Bermese Mountain dogs... just to name a few. It is a good thing the rain held off for the run.  Unlike this morning...

Oh Yeah!  This morning!  I knew I forgot something.   Cheryl and Mike ran a 5K and 10 K this morning.   And it rained in between the races. The only thing worse than a wet dog... is a wet Runner! Thankfully, it did not rain too hard. 

I guess I should mention how they did...   "Kind of good," I suppose.   Both of them got age group awards for the 10k, at least.  I think both of them fared slightly worse during the 5K.  Since the races took part during the wee hours of morning,  the pictures did not turn out as well as the pictures of the dogs.  But I guess I can bump a few dog pics for some Cheryl and Mike running pics.   

I should also mention that I mis-spoke yesterday  when I said they were going to also run a half marathon today.  Apparently, that is slated for Tomorrow.  So we get to do this whole thing over again tomorrow morning.... Only without the dogs.   

Pam and I discovered early on that our plan on catching the runners was flawed, as the paths over the river were on bridged that could not be accessed by us.  So we basically got them as the started and finished.   Kind of boring, but there it is. ( Hence, the plethora of Dog Pics....)

So now Cheryl has three finisher's medals and two awards. ( I think) with the Grand Half Marathon still on the horizon for Tomorrow morning.   And then, we get to go back home.    But in the mean time.... More Flying Pigs!  thanks for stopping in.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails