Saturday, April 9, 2022

The "Joys" Of Employment.

You may have noticed that I have not been blogging lately.   That, my dear friends, is because Cheryl and I are back at work... From Home.  Now before you congratulate us for once again finding income,  AND falling off the Unemployment numbers...let it be known that we both hate working for anyone other than each other.  Or ourselves.  (Whichever order you want to put that in...)  AND that both of us were never on the "Dole" in the first place.    Self-employment people never get any help from the Government....  Just the Opposite, in fact.  The Government thinks we are "Rich!")

Now, before I go off on a rant about working for "The Man",  Or the Thieving Government.... Let me be clear that I am grateful for any source of income at this time of year.   Summer is usually a "gig" thing for us...  Temporary scoring gigs that last from a couple of months to just a few weeks or days!  Not exactly the most stable form of income dependency, I know!  But this method of part time labor allows us to do the Stocking business during the Holiday Season.  And that is what we really want.  ( Except Cheryl... Who just wants people to mail her money.   Which would also be good I guess.) 

Tuesday's Girl with Balloon.
For this reason, my blogging entries have hit the skids.   Scoring for Pearson does not leave us much time to do much of anything else.   We are essentially chained to our desk... OR in my case "Couch!"   My goal is to score 10 hours a day while getting the first bonus each day. 
Frisbee Kids.
Perhaps as the project continues I will be able to achieve that second bonus, but for right now, I want to keep my validites up and not work too hard or fast.  Pretty much the opposite of Cheryl.  She wants to hurry up and get things done while working as few hours as possible.   Funny how she has the mandatory 8 hour day while I got the "work as many hours as you want" version.   But I will spare you the boring topic of work.
Today's Work. Girl blowing Dandelion seeds.

What does one do when there is so little time to do much of anything.. including blog?  Hmm,  this is probably the reason most people do not keep up with their blogs.  I'm amazed by Farside of Fifty and Mulewings that they can blog every day.   I guess being retired helps a bit. But you still have to write something down...

While the Cat watches everyone...

AND have something blogworthy to write about...  Currently, I have ( had) a bunch of pictures that were going to make it to the blog, but I accidentally deleted them because they were so old, I purged them with the other meaningless pics.    So I figure I better post theses while they are fresh in my mind. 

Meredith's Bunny. (w/Associate helpers.)

 We had snow a couple days ago.   About an inch!   Thankfully it is gone now, (Along with the picture I had taken...) but it has been cold.   Today, however, the temps climbed up to the 60's.  A good day for Chalking.

Lillie's cat.( with associates.)

Nice day to work on the  mural.   I had added couple of scenes  on Tuesday, but had to wait till today for the weather to cheer up.   A bunch of kids mobbed me today and asked if they could help.   Lilly and Meredith were among the bunch. (Last year's Sidewalk Helpers...)  I threw some chalk at them and told them to play on the sidewalk.   They did. 

Not too bad!  Both of the girls are getting better but  had to leave  before they had fully finished. By that time the other kids could continue the work.   I chatted with their Great Aunt while they filled in the last of the colors.    Perhaps they will show up and we  can continue filling in the blanks tomorrow...  Which is supposed to be 60+ with wind.   We shall see if the Girls show up again.  OR some other group of kids.  

In the mean time,  the Mural has space for a few more items.    Cheryl says I need to add more cats.   So that is the plan.   Hopefully, I will be able to finish it before the rain starts  in the evening tomorrow.  At least on rainy days,  Scoring is much easier.  You won't have the great outdoors taunting you  with the sun, warm temps and smells of Spring while you are trapped inside. .  

By the way... I actually like scoring the papers and reading the Essays.  I think these kids actually make me a better writer. ( Don't ask me to explain....) And it is fun sometimes listening to the mind of a 16 year old.  ( or 18... I don't really know.)  

So.. Still alive.   Just not blogging as much as I would like.  Because "Employment."

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for employment! Yes retirement helps...but I blogged while working Full Time also for a number of years:) I am just naturally talky...or bloggy:) Yes more cats....that lady is kinda weird, but I like your Hummer:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails