Sunday, February 19, 2023

Vallentine's Day... Part Two! The Sequel...

Last Tuesday was Valentine's day... And Cheryl and I celebrated it early with a run in Milwaukee.  I figured my obligations for romance would have been met and ended there,  but out of the blue,  Cheryl calls me up on Friday and requests that I drive all the way to Iowa so we can get together on Saturday.   

What was I supposed to do?  An unplanned trip?  The drive is long and treacherous!   

Subie is an old car... With nearly 400,000 miles on him.  

There was a blizzard warning!  With 8-10 inches of snow predicted....   Who in their right mind would attempt a spur of the moment rendezvous with a sexy Valentine?   Especially after all romantic obligations were supposed to have been met!  

Well,  Me.   Obviously!

As predicted the roads were "terrible" ...( Meaning all of the snow and ice had been removed and the roads were dry and clear...)   But Subie made the trek like a champ... only losing his muffler along the way.  ( Technically, it is not "lost".   I have it in my trunk at the moment.) 

So with no run scheduled,  what were we supposed to do for the weekend?   

Buy some food. 

Buy some beer!

Buy some flowers!

Buy some.... Oil?  Wait!  What now? 

Yes,  I gave the Bean an Oil change since Cheryl has been running him all around the state of Iowa and Wisconsin.   I also fixed a small annoying rattle that comes when you straddle snow.   The ice and snow ripped off all of the clips that hold the heat shields around Bean's exhaust system.    An easy fix.  

While working to maintain the Bean,   Rocket, the neighbor's cat who thinks he is ours, came over to help.   Mostly he just got in the way while tracking in mud  onto the car seats.  

I also fixed the leather sofa for Cheryl, after a guest broke it.   It would have been an easy fix, had I had all of my tools and a few other resources available.  But, currently, it is repaired enough to sit in and not notice any issues.  

Cheryl spent most of Saturday doing the taxes.  A fun job!  I think I got the better end of the "Honey do!" list. 

And after all of that, We enjoyed some beer, strawberries, and a bunch of Cheese and Crackers.  And we talked.   Talked about her job, Wisconsin, home ownership.... Moving?   Really?   Well,  it's out there at least.   Kenosha is a wonderful place from what I have seen.  And they have great Mushrooms here!  Who would not want to move to a place that has all these wonderful, edible Mushrooms?

Oh!  Right... I kind of have a job and work here too.   That's kind of important.  

The Three Cat's Feeding Time.
Leo showing Cheryl love.

But the weekend was over too quickly, and I am now back in my basement abode.  Prepping for work for tomorrow.   I can only imagine the reaction I will get when Subie comes roaring in like he is a Rally Cross WRX! ( Because, the muffler is missing...  Or rather:  In the trunk until I can reattach it. ) I figured I would post this update before I head to bed while it is fresh in my mind.   And keeping it shorter than usual... since I do have to get up early tomorrow.  

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Weekend!  They fly by so quickly when you have a job.   But they do seem more precious when you are able to spend them with the ones you love.   Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I love Kenosha and will probably return to it after my life on the farm is done. I lived near K-town before it was revamped and improved like it is now.

I love visiting it and walking Pets and the lakefront.

That storm missed us but I'm glad you made it there and back safely!

Our week was uneventful, but I'm glad romance entered yours.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a little or a lot of romance! Glad you made the trip safely:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails