Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Ice Storm That Never Was....

We survived the Ice storm.   It was not as bad as everyone feared... however many people in the surrounding area did lose power for a large chunk of time.   Including many of my friends and relatives on Facebook!  ( Who knew Facebook could be effected by an Ice Storm in Wisconsin?)    But the roads were clear and not as terrible as everyone feared.  Hurray!

I tend to like looking at the "Half-full" Side of the glass.  Unless there is more Comedic Value in looking at the negative.   And then I try to spin it as if the world were falling apart and everyone is doomed!   Over the Top style!  But unfortunately,   the Weather channel and the News make the absurdity of certain situations "Main Stream"  so no one knows what to think these days.  

But there were moments of Beauty that I managed to capture Early morning in front of the Warehouse.  Sometimes I think the most magical moments are lost to many people.  And it is not helped when you have many others pointing out the flaws or the disaster instead of the beauty or benefit of things.   And so....  That is why I am posting these pics.   Just because.   If for nothing else... To remind future me of the wonder that surrounded him back when he worked at ZEBRA in Kenosha Wisconsin.  

Other than that... A mostly relaxing, boring day for me.   I organized my area here in the basement... A project that was long overdue.  Now that I have a couple dressers to store my clothes in again,  I have cleaned things up and made it look almost cozy!  Not that it was not cozy before!  Most of my clothes were still upstairs in the guest room.  Now they have been safely reunited with me here in the bunker.   

I still have to do embroidery.. But that will have to wait until tomorrow.   And then there is the muffler issue.  Dave told me of a local fabrication place that bends Pipe to fit your muffler system.  I might check it out first.  But if the cost is too expensive,  I may DIY it with a welding unit from Harbor Freight!  How hard can it be?  I watched several You Tube videos... And they make it look easy!  

Just kidding, I know it will be a steep learning curve..   But if I gain a new skill AND can fix my muffler for less than replacing it.... I will consider that a win!

Hope everyone is having a fun and relaxing Weekend so far.   The weather is supposed to be nicer next week, I think....  Let's hope Spring finally gets here and we can begin Mushroom Hunting in earnest once again!  Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Quite a few friends of mine were out of power with that storm. I know the street crews are pretty good at keeping the roads clear.

That ice is very beautiful in a dangerous sort of way.

We are supposed to get over an inch of rainfall on top of our snow so the next day or so should be interesting!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty ice on the trees! Master Welder eh??? Hope it works out for you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails