Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Week/Weekend in Review. Lazy Blogging 101.

Red sky at Morn... Sailor be warned!
Looks pretty red to me!

That is right!  I have cut down my usual blogging regiment to a pathetic "Highlights" post.  Like where I note all the things that could have been blog worthy down to a 20 second video clip and then post that on you tube.   Only Blogger...  Does any of that make sense?  Well, it probably does to other bloggers who know the score.  That is:  You want to blog... but can't, don't or won't!  For any number of life's excuses.

And with that Intro.... I will now begin.  ( I find confession to be most cleansing of my lazy tendencies....)   

Is that Snow?
Um... yeah!  It snowed!
A LOT! Wet, HEAVY snow!

Some time this week.  It snowed!   Unbelievable!   Since it was nearly in the 50's at the beginning of the week.    I honestly thought it was an April Fool's joke, until I realized it was still March.  But true to form,   the weather turned and dumped a bunch of wet, heavy snow all over this section of Wisconsin.   And the snow continued even into today!  Even with the temps hovering above the freezing mark!   It would have been a great opportunity to make a snow man or have a snowball fight with friends.   

But I had bigger tasks on my agenda!

Many of which... I did not complete. 

Feel the snow pulling at the Exhaust System!

One of the good things that DID get  accomplished was that I managed to get  the Subie fixed!   His exhaust system is back as good as new with no pipes hanging, or loud exhaust noise.   He sounds nice and quiet and the cost was very affordable for the items I had done.    So you can imagine how I felt driving him in this ridiculous, heavy, wet snow knowing that every trough could rip off the repaired plumbing!   Especially since the snow plows managed to focus only on the interstate and not on the back roads leading to work.   But Subie loves the snow!   And somehow... we both survived the trek back and forth to the Zebra Place. Intact!

I had big plans for the weekend.   Ever since it was reveled that I have been doing my own embroidery at work,   folks have been making requests.   And after finishing Phil's  that guy who is in the witness protection program's shirts,  people have been giving me shirts to embellish with the Zebra Logo.  I figured that having an entire weekend for such a task would allow me to complete it with time to spare.   But life has a way of changing things up when you least expect it.  There were design flaws that needed attention, purchases that had to be made, bathroom drains that needed to be unclogged, and laundry that required folding.  Did I mention I had to run 6 miles yesterday?   That takes time... especially for someone as slow and chubby as me!   

Oh!  And we lost an hour this weekend.   That whole "spring ahead" thing cost me an hour of valuable embroidery and origami time.    But that was Saturday...  I can certainly catch things up on Sunday... Right? 

This little this shuts down the car?

Not so fast!   Because after church,  Subie decided to pull a "I don't want to start" move that kind of freaked me out.    Turns out,  a small heat sensor seems to be getting bad.   And as a result,  the car will turn over, but refuses to start.  ( because it thinks your car is overheating...)  I wiggled the sensor and it turned over.   I read the codes and it confirmed my theory.   So I will be needing to replace that part later this week.  In the mean time,  Time was lost going to several parts stores looking for the small sensor that is shutting the entire car down.   Sometimes Tech is evil!

I read that cold weather can cause it.   I also think that a little dirt might have been built up, so I cleaned it as best I could.   Fingers crossed I will be able to get it started tomorrow in time for Work. 

After that little hiccup,  I was not really in the mood to concentrate on embroidery things,  so....  I decided to tag along with Dave and Christina as they explored another hidden section of Kenosha.   To some Bargain Bin place that sells unclaimed food from distributors.   Some serious bargains could be had for the savvy shopper!   Unfortunately,  they only took cash and I was short at the moment. Just when society conditions you to used your card for everything... because places are selecting against cash...   That is when you enter a store that ONLY takes cash.   And you don't have any on your person.   As a result,  I could not get my Hot Chocolate at an insane 5 cents a pouch.   Neh...  Maybe next time. 

And finally,   We capped the day off by stopping at a local bar near the place.   Called the Honey Pot... or something like that.   We enjoyed a Beer and some home-made Bread just before returning.   We caught up on each other's week and enjoyed a cold one. Normally bars are not my scene... yet I have discovered that some of them defy the normal stereo-type and fall into a "small town/family" category.  The bread was free and Spectacular!   Dave and I had several servings while making fun of Christina's "Glutten Free" life choices.  It was a fun way to end the weekend. 

So now... I have to finish Reggie's Hoodies with the Zebra Logo;   I have to replace the faulty sensor while hoping and praying it works long enough to get Subie back and forth to work each day;  And I have to work on some Origami Models that have been requested by co-workers.   Did I mention that I plan on heading to Iowa next weekend?   So Subie has to be fixed by then...  AND I will not have an open weekend to catch up on any additional embroidery jobs.   ( as if this open weekend had any advantages...) 

Time is fleeting!  And our time on this Earth is limited.    And with so much to do and so little time to accomplish it all,  having a single hour taken away seems down right CRIMINAL!  I blame the Government for stealing my time... it was their idea for this daylight savings time plan after all.   And since when is the Government good at saving anything? In the end,   you end up with a loss....Just like Social Security!  But then I am reminded that a giant meteor is going to destroy the planet and  all of these things will not matter so much.   And somehow.... That makes me feel better.

Hope everyone had a great weekend this weekend.   And I hope the upcoming week will be filled with all of the fun and joy that time will allow. And if you were not as productive as you had hoped you would be...  Rest assure,  there is always tomorrow to finish it.   And if there is no Tomorrow... Then why are you so worried?    

Thanks for stopping in.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I would have passed up driving in that snow! You are brave to do it.
I used to be friends with a few plow drivers in Kenosha. I worked all shifts as a supervisor in the Shell Station by highway 50 and the interstate.
Free coffee for all plow drivers really was great, they'd drop a plow as they came through the station and I'd have the latest intel on which roads I could take to get home. :)

The state roads of course take precedence over the side roads which are allocated to be done last.
Clean the interstate and state highways first.
County roads are next and last are township or roads that individual towns are responsible for.

Hope you have a great weekend coming up! Don't work too hard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails